Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a Bolt for a test drive in Toronto this week and I am sold. I have been reading about the Bolt for a while and have tried to arrange a test drive a number of times but the vehicle always disappeared before i could get to the dealership. I finally went to the Electric Discovery Centre to find one available for a test drive.
Now i want to buy and i am hoping for some advice. Do i just go to any dealer and put down a deposit and hope to get one some day. Do some dealerships have better access to Bolts than others? I have called around to a number of dealers and they just tell me their allotment is gone. What does that mean? Do some have bigger allotments than others? One guy told me i would not be able to get a 2018, but i would have to wait for a 2019.

Any advice from someone in Ontario that already has a Bolt would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There's some experiences about the ordering process in this thread:
http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/55-2...orders-tracking/21241-orders-work-canada.html

At this point the dealer allotments for 2018 model may be all taken ? Can watch the Cdn Bolt owner facebook page (I don't know its exact title) and this site for mention of availability that might pop up due to someone's cancellation. Or perhaps a last-minute surprise increase in dealers' allocation.

If you're content to wait until the fall the 2019 models might be more plentiful given the recently announced (vague) capacity increase at the Orion assembly plant where Bolt is assembled.

There have been some units available from Quebec in the first months of this year. That might have been a temporary situation resulting from the allocation increase to Canada late last year of which Quebec might have grabbed a lot of them. Could ask a Chevy dealer in Orangeville if anything from Quebec might still become available.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The FB group is the Canada Chevy Bolt EV Owners. Not many lately, but people do post when unclaimed or cancelled allotments show up. Jump on them fast, the cars can be claimed within minutes of posting (this is how I got mine).

Read up on that thread Cehjun linked. The long, detailed answers are mostly there. The short answer is be ready to wait: maybe a couple of months, maybe 8-9; nothing is certain, other than you'll be waiting longer than you want to!

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
My experience is that the sales people I've talked to aren't terribly enthusiastic about the Bolt and they're not very motivated to sell until you show them that you're ready to fork over some cash to get in line. At that point they'll perk up a bit and you may discover that they already have something on order that matches what you're looking for. And you may get a call back when someone backs out of their order and the salesman has a car he wants to move.

Both of those things happened to me within a month of getting serious, despite being told on several prior occasions that it would be a 6 to 9 month wait.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In Montana there are simply not many dealers that even sell them...I called a couple, one of them in a town that surprised me saying they couldn't get them. Talked to the dealer in Helena and he said I'll take your name, called back a week later, we looked around at what was available and a week later I had WinterBolt! Check my post under extreme temps for my experience this winter with temps as low as -21. as far as I know there is one other Bolt in Montana.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Any advice from someone in Ontario that already has a Bolt would be appreciated.
The most direct way would be to just go to the dealer nearest you and order one with the options you want. The Quebec dealer where I am from stated 10 to 12 week delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.