Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 36-month lease on our '14 LEAF was up in March, and we finally got to drive a Bolt yesterday at a mid-NC dealer who'd gotten a few from California. We were both very impressed - the only issue either of us had was my broader beam not fitting comfortably into the seat. I'll find a cushion as suggested in other threads to bring to a second test drive.

The ride quality seemed fine - I felt small bumps more than in the LEAF but I'd rather feel more connected to the road. The Bolt seemed just as quiet as the LEAF. Regen was FAR better in the Bolt. I didn't use Sport mode or full throttle (throttle?) but the road-test numbers speak for themselves.

It's good to see discounts showing up in places like northern VA and MD which would be doable from Asheville with some planning. This Raleigh-area dealer was one of the ones who adds $250 to the sticker for nitrogen in the tires and so forth. Think we may shop elsewhere...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Hang tight for local discounts... they will happen, but it takes time.

I was able to get $3K off MSRP at a local dealer by waiting one month after the Bolt was released to NY.

Supposedly GM is running the "Private Offers" again with up to $3K POS Coupon. Keep it on the DL and present it at the dealership after you negotiate your best price. GM reimburses the dealership 100% of the "Private Offer" money... so it's not off the dealer's bottom line and they have no problem honoring it.

In the past you would go to chevy.com and keep browsing SUV's and Pickup Trucks till the "Private Offer" pops up.
Now they may be sending them via mail to people who've test driven Bolt's at dealerships?
For and additional $3K off... it's worth looking in to I believe :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you need to charge in MD for some reason there are lots of places or PM me and you can charge on my juice box and watch a movie or something :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck getting a good deal on an EV in NC, this state is about as hostile as they come towards EV's. They've even started charging an EV surcharge of $130 on your registration due to not paying gasoline taxes, as if the fees and annual auto property taxes aren't enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I have moved to far northern Maine, a few minutes' walk or drive from Edmundston, New Brunswick. No public charging stations anywhere near me on the US side but a bunch on the Canadian side. Currently using my 15-amp L2 but will upgrade to a 30-amp in my garage. There are other Bolt owners "across" (in Edmundston) but haven't seen any here yet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good luck getting a good deal on an EV in NC, this state is about as hostile as they come towards EV's. They've even started charging an EV surcharge of $130 on your registration due to not paying gasoline taxes, as if the fees and annual auto property taxes aren't enough.

California is doing the same thing, to help make up for the reduced gas taxes from higher mileage ICE as well as EV's, and we're about as EV friendly as it gets. Road maintenance dollars have to come from somewhere, the beast must be fed. They are piloting a program in California where they record your mileage and try to tie your registration to actual road use. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

167 Posts
California is doing the same thing, to help make up for the reduced gas taxes from higher mileage ICE as well as EV's, and we're about as EV friendly as it gets. Road maintenance dollars have to come from somewhere, the beast must be fed. They are piloting a program in California where they record your mileage and try to tie your registration to actual road use. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.
That taxing and fee proposal along wth the entire dysfunctional lawless state of California can go to where the sun don't shine!:eek:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Here in WA they have a pilot program for tax-by-mile. I really hope it takes off and is scaled based on vehicle weight. Heavier cars that drive more will wear-out roads faster.

I'm fairly certain with my 100 mile commute, I'll end up paying about the same or more than my current $150/yr EV registration. But at least with tax-by-mile I know everyone's being taxed based on their usage of the roads.

Not sure how to tax the cross-boarder drivers, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts