Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is well established that Tesla loses money on every car it sells and that the company makes money, to the extent they DO turn a profit, by selling CAFE offset credits to others. I strongly suspect that Chevy's Bolt development costs are far, far lower which, when combined with the use of an existing production line and all the other benefits of a hundred year old car company, should allow Chevy to either turn a small profit on each Bolt or turn a far smaller loss.

Chevy has a large fleet and makes bank on guzzling SUV's and trucks. If demand for the Bolt is strong in a place like California, where Leafs and i3's are commonplace, I am highly dubious that Chevy would turn a blind eye to the rest of the country, since the Bolt will help that fleet meet CAFE standards. They'd have to have a really, really good reason to develop the Bolt and then only sell it on the coasts, one that I do not see.

I agree with bro1999 here - it'll go 50wide and throw a hurt burger on Tesla Model3.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm hoping that the Bolt gets to the CARB states early next year, or I'll be leasing another Leaf just to get one of the last federal EV credits...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts