Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
Looks like GM is having the dealer replace the whole airbag system and could take 2 weeks. If it takes longer, maybe I can work on a swap to a 2023 with lower MSRP and get Supercruise instead of Sun & Sound package this time.

Got a rental Trax for now. Not fun having to drive an ICE again.

Oh boy. Did not like to see this. Wonder if they really know what’s going on. Does not sound like it,
Got the seat belt icon pop up a few times. But nothing about air bag from car. But OnStar did send a “service air bag within one day” called OnStar and they have no idea as a code was not tripped.

I guess I should bring it in. But was thinking if it did not trip a code I got blow it off till it happens again

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
guess I should expect to have to bring it back to the dealer a month or two after repair. If timing works out, maybe I'll just ask GM to let me MSRP swap to the Blazer EV I have reserved. LOL
Just drove past a Blazer on the way home. Don’t think it was electric. It looks a lot like a Bolt.

This still is a pain. Since I got the OnStar message right away I guess I better bring it in. Gonna check for codes with scanner. OnStar has none

No codes on my scanner. I asked for OnStar tech assistance and they reset the diagnosis and the messag look like it went away but it came back. You have to ask for this, it’s not the first person that just runs the diagnosis. Car message is
“Service safety restraint system”

Gotta bring in to big bad dealer. Sh….

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
When I noticed OnStar not reporting the problem, I started taking photos... most of the time, the alert disappears before I can snap a pic
Good idea. I can drive around the block and try. Yes, it does go away quickly.
I unplugged the car today and minutes later the parking lights came on for 4 secs then turned off. Not sure if coonected.
If there’s a short in the wiring or cable causing wierd things it can take awhile to find

Took the pic on way to hardware store. Now it’s beeping at me and giving the message about every 3 minutes. I have a local dealer but prefer the dealer by work which is 50 minutes away. Beeping all the way

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
Update
Update
I got lucky. It was a loose connector under the seat. Fretting corrosion was mentioned. Probally from sitting in the Lot. Tried to get to it myself but you gotta take the back of the seat and other part to get to it.

next question is the dealer found code DTC B0014,but neither OnStar or my OBD2 max could pick up the code. So the question is do you need
Hope @p7wang is fine also

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
They noted fretting corrosive which aggravated the connnection. But then you may ask why just that one connector.? May have been loose from initial install. The Nov people where probably pressured to perform fast. I guess.
Not sure why my 100$ scanner did not pick up the code
@The_Dragon

Hopefully you don’t have @p7wang experience.
See tech report in link for my easy out.

Is your car a Nov Bolt?

You can drive it, if it’s the issue I had. Big If. Cause the air bag not going off is a lot worse then a bag that goes off prematurely.
Unless your unlucky enough to get in a accident. drove the car just a bit before brining it in. I had to keep pushing the button to shut up the ringing message on the way to the dealer

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
Looks like Lemon Law criteria has been met. 3 days from first repair + tomorrow would be 27 days so far = 30 days.

Maybe trade/repurchase for an Equinox EV RS, starting at $40K, would be better. We should be able to reserve the Equinox EV before my 1 yr ownership, which is March 2023.

Are you sure they checked for the issue I had? Not sure you saw the Dealers tech narrative I posted.
fretting corrosion is not always obvious.
Those service reps can give flippant responses sometimes.

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
They diagnosed the problem coming from the wire harness under the drivers seat.
That may be the same or similar to what happened on my car. The connector was replaced under the seat that showed some fretting corrosion. Not sure why just the connector

9 days is insane. Can’t believe they expect you to drive your own ice during that time

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
Well, that does not explain the connector failing again shortly after replacement. Well, I guess it could be the other side of the connector or a different connector this time. LOL
So thier orginal diagnosis was the connector under the seat. That’s 3 out of 4. And 1 of those is unknown as no update.

We get twisted info as it’s almost impossible to talk to the tech. The customer rep is usually useless. The tech report is often the best info we get.

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
loaner. So what should I do to push the issue with them for a rental? I need a car and I am sure they are going to take their time with it.
Call (833 EV Chevy ) and report them. Everyone is getting loaners or rentals. That is very sloppy cust service. No other dealers there?
If you see my thread on this topic you can see the tech report on my experience with this issue. It was just a connector under the seat, a bit of fretting corrosion from siting on lot for months

@p7wang has had a tuff time with this issue. 2 months?

· Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,450 Posts
They didn’t even take the time test drive the car so ya, not looking good so far boys and girls.
What? Two days to get a car.
Call 833 EV CHEVY for help.
That’s crazy
What are people with one car supposed to do

Call owner of dealership

Sit on the managers desk. They can consider that

1 - 20 of 30 Posts