Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
48 Posts
@The_Dragon

Hopefully you don’t have @p7wang experience.
See tech report in link for my easy out.

Is your car a Nov Bolt?

You can drive it, if it’s the issue I had. Big If. Cause the air bag not going off is a lot worse then a bag that goes off prematurely.
Unless your unlucky enough to get in a accident. drove the car just a bit before brining it in. I had to keep pushing the button to shut up the ringing message on the way to the dealer
Not sure when mine was built. Is that part of the VIN or does it appear somewhere else?

I had a local dealer in Hampton Roads, VA try to tell me I would need to drop off the car and that they would look at it within 7 to 9 days. I told them to pound sand. A different dealer scheduled me for a morning appointment 2 days out (this was a week or two ago). They diagnosed the problem coming from the wire harness under the drivers seat. They ordered a part, which is on national backorder, and they’ll put it in when it arrives. Not sure what else they did, but the warning hasn’t come back up since that appointment. They must have applied some intermediate repair, but I’m not certain.

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
48 Posts
I had this issue a month or so ago. My dealer diagnosed the problem and implemented a temporary fix in one service appointment that was maybe a couple of hours. Once the back ordered part arrives it will be another relatively short appointment to swap a harness. The car is perfectly safe and drivable in the mean time. This is likely not a big deal other than the annoyance of some dealer visits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts