Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Just checked with dealer service rep, still waiting on my new airbag. I would avoid driving with the airbag light going off while driving high speed (meaning take it in ASAP as OnStar alert suggests). I was offered to continue driving while waiting for parts but I figure it would be negligent on my part if I get hit while knowing I have a faulty airbag.

Update a day later... service rep says GM is sending out a team to take a look. Seems there are a couple other with the same issue, looks like we may have a non-battery recall on Bolts... for those concerned about waiving rights to class action in exchange for the $6K cash rebate.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
What parts did you get ordered? I have this same issue. 1st repair lasted for 2 weeks and involved rerouting the airbag sensor wires to get a better connection. Now the dealer says I have a different error code saying the airbag wire harness is bad. The airbag wire harness is on back order.
Oh, I don't know, dealer just says parts are still pending and a GM team is coming over to look at it - plus 2 more with the same issue. The dealer got me a rental this time and will reim for gas. The bummer is that the Trax definitely does not have the kick of the Bolt, plus I am driving a $20K car when I bought a $40K car. Plus, traffic jam was a double whammy again. I think I'll end up doing another trade/repurchase... hoping for Blazer EV but will settle for an EUV with good airbags. Oh, and if EUV, get a $7K check back due to new lower MSRP + sales tax savings.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks like Lemon Law criteria has been met. 3 days from first repair + tomorrow would be 27 days so far = 30 days.

Maybe trade/repurchase for an Equinox EV RS, starting at $40K, would be better. We should be able to reserve the Equinox EV before my 1 yr ownership, which is March 2023.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
Looks like Lemon Law criteria has been met. 3 days from first repair + tomorrow would be 27 days so far = 30 days.

Maybe trade/repurchase for an Equinox EV RS, starting at $40K, would be better. We should be able to reserve the Equinox EV before my 1 yr ownership, which is March 2023.

Are you sure they checked for the issue I had? Not sure you saw the Dealers tech narrative I posted.
fretting corrosion is not always obvious.
Those service reps can give flippant responses sometimes.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Are you sure they checked for the issue I had? Not sure you saw the Dealers tech narrative I posted.
fretting corrosion is not always obvious.
Those service reps can give flippant responses sometimes.
Well, if GM techs are here to investigate, pretty sure if that's the problem, they will find that plus any other problems with the airbag system.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
39 Posts
@The_Dragon

Hopefully you don’t have @p7wang experience.
See tech report in link for my easy out.

Is your car a Nov Bolt?

You can drive it, if it’s the issue I had. Big If. Cause the air bag not going off is a lot worse then a bag that goes off prematurely.
Unless your unlucky enough to get in a accident. drove the car just a bit before brining it in. I had to keep pushing the button to shut up the ringing message on the way to the dealer
Not sure when mine was built. Is that part of the VIN or does it appear somewhere else?

I had a local dealer in Hampton Roads, VA try to tell me I would need to drop off the car and that they would look at it within 7 to 9 days. I told them to pound sand. A different dealer scheduled me for a morning appointment 2 days out (this was a week or two ago). They diagnosed the problem coming from the wire harness under the drivers seat. They ordered a part, which is on national backorder, and they’ll put it in when it arrives. Not sure what else they did, but the warning hasn’t come back up since that appointment. They must have applied some intermediate repair, but I’m not certain.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch Edition
38 Posts
Not sure when mine was built. Is that part of the VIN or does it appear somewhere else?

I had a local dealer in Hampton Roads, VA try to tell me I would need to drop off the car and that they would look at it within 7 to 9 days. I told them to pound sand. A different dealer scheduled me for a morning appointment 2 days out (this was a week or two ago). They diagnosed the problem coming from the wire harness under the drivers seat. They ordered a part, which is on national backorder, and they’ll put it in when it arrives. Not sure what else they did, but the warning hasn’t come back up since that appointment. They must have applied some intermediate repair, but I’m not certain.
Look at the tag on the driver's door to see when your car was built..

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
They diagnosed the problem coming from the wire harness under the drivers seat.
That may be the same or similar to what happened on my car. The connector was replaced under the seat that showed some fretting corrosion. Not sure why just the connector

9 days is insane. Can’t believe they expect you to drive your own ice during that time

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That may be the same or similar to what happened on my car. The connector was replaced under the seat that showed some fretting corrosion. Not sure why just the connector
Engineered obsolesence. Someone missed a decimal or two, this was not suppose to happen until after 36 months. LOL

BTW, OnStar sent me an offer to get remote commands for $9.99/mo. Too bad I won't be able to take advantage of it. :(

Also... LOL

Font Terrestrial plant Darkness

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

9 days is insane. Can’t believe they expect you to drive your own ice during that time
I don't understand how mine would corrode. Is it because of the vented seats blowing my moist air from my sweaty butt onto the connectors? LOL

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Cause they sat on those lots for months. Maybe not running them makes it worse.
No heat to minimize moisture that can cause corrosion
Well, that does not explain the connector failing again shortly after replacement. Well, I guess it could be the other side of the connector or a different connector this time. LOL

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
Well, that does not explain the connector failing again shortly after replacement. Well, I guess it could be the other side of the connector or a different connector this time. LOL
So thier orginal diagnosis was the connector under the seat. That’s 3 out of 4. And 1 of those is unknown as no update.

We get twisted info as it’s almost impossible to talk to the tech. The customer rep is usually useless. The tech report is often the best info we get.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How ya doing on the car?
Still at the dealership. Guess I'll be driving the rental Equinox for a while. Fortunately, I got a new credit card with 0% APR until late Spring, so I just make the minimum payment for now and can carry over the balance.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts