41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wow PITA
I thought they where buying your gas.
Yes, I just have to turn in receipt at the end, which at this point, could be next Spring. LOL

Meanwhile, it's out of pocket, like those who got their own rental due to the battery recall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just started getting the service safety restraint system soon warning on my bolt euv with 2400 miles on it. Came out of nowhere this morning and it goes off every three min or so. What a pita!

Filed the nhtsa just now, and I set an appt up with my dealer for Monday morning but they said no loaner. So what should I do to push the issue with them for a rental? I need a car and I am sure they are going to take their time with it.

The same dealer took 3 months to fix our volt under warranty back in the day so I am worried about having to flip the cost for a rental.

I appreciate the advice everyone.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Just started getting the service safety restraint system soon warning on my bolt euv with 2400 miles on it. Came out of nowhere this morning and it goes off every three min or so. What a pita!

Filed the nhtsa just now, and I set an appt up with my dealer for Monday morning but they said no loaner. So what should I do to push the issue with them for a rental? I need a car and I am sure they are going to take their time with it.

The same dealer took 3 months to fix our volt under warranty back in the day so I am worried about having to flip the cost for a rental.

I appreciate the advice everyone.
Call the EV Concierge and ask them to open a case to authorize RENTAL CAR and FUEL reimbursement.

BTW

When an EV goes into service, our warranty used to state loaner/rental car will be provided. I guess GM got scared after the battery recall claims and now talks about Extended Courtesy Transportation. Courtesy Transportation sounds like drop you home and bring you back when repair is complete. Not sure what Extended would mean. My old neighbor with a Tesla said they gave him $200 in rideshare credit and he used it when he needed to go somewhere, then Tesla zeroed out the credit when he picked up his car... no hoops to jump through like when dealing with GM.

Smile Rectangle Font Art Slope

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
loaner. So what should I do to push the issue with them for a rental? I need a car and I am sure they are going to take their time with it.
Call (833 EV Chevy ) and report them. Everyone is getting loaners or rentals. That is very sloppy cust service. No other dealers there?
If you see my thread on this topic you can see the tech report on my experience with this issue. It was just a connector under the seat, a bit of fretting corrosion from siting on lot for months

@p7wang has had a tuff time with this issue. 2 months?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
39 Posts
I had this issue a month or so ago. My dealer diagnosed the problem and implemented a temporary fix in one service appointment that was maybe a couple of hours. Once the back ordered part arrives it will be another relatively short appointment to swap a harness. The car is perfectly safe and drivable in the mean time. This is likely not a big deal other than the annoyance of some dealer visits.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
I had this issue a month or so ago. My dealer diagnosed the problem and implemented a temporary fix in one service appointment that was maybe a couple of hours. Once the back ordered part arrives it will be another relatively short appointment to swap a harness. The car is perfectly safe and drivable in the mean time. This is likely not a big deal other than the annoyance of some dealer visits.
I was not comfortable driving with non-functioning airbag. Dealer was wanting to give me the car back but GM told them to hold on to it, perhaps because it is alerting again (Jul 2022) after they just replaced the wiring harness at end of Mar (I picked up the Bolt 3/15/22). It's not just a wiring harness issue as my Bolt has been sitting at the dealer since end of July and they are waiting for word back from GM Tech on a way ahead. My way ahead is to do a Lemon Law trade/repurchase to either the Blazer EV or Equinox EV in the Spring or Summer.

Anyway, after you get the harness replaced, try driving through under construction highways (high speed, lots of vibrations) and see if the harness shakes loose again. I drove through HWY 99 between Turlock and Bakersfield and there was/is a few construction zones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. I am quite sure it’s due to vibrations and or something wiggling loose but I did check a few connections around the car and saw nothing a miss.

The kid that took my call at the dealership sounded pretty new so who knows but I have an appt Monday afternoon to drop it off. So that gives me some time to call Chevy and figure out the rental.

That said I stared poking around the other Chevy sites and this is a pretty common thing amount their entire lineup. Pretty shocking actually. Lots of harness issues and in quite a few cases entire air bag systems being replaced. A bunch of stories of people having to wait for Chevy to fly in teams to “investigate” as I am sure in some cases the problem is incredibly hard to track down.

Im thinking if we get a rental it won’t be so bad, but I’m serious as a heart attack if for some reason they don’t give me a loaner/rental we may be trying our luck with another brand after over 10 years in their cars. **** we even have deposits on a Silverado ev and a blazer ev we love their product so much but this is laughable for a 2500 mile vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took the car in. Told the service guy that it seems to go off when I drive over bumpy roads. He then proceeds to tell me that there is a update they are going to do to the car that should take care of it. 🙄

Got a call a day later that the car was ready. While the wife is driving me down to pick it up I tell her I bet it’s not fixed.
So I got in the car, drove maybe a mile and hit some bumps. Well you guessed it not fixed. So I turned around and vented my frustration to the service guy. So now we have to wait another 2 days before they will consider a rental car. They didn’t even take the time test drive the car so ya, not looking good so far boys and girls.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
They didn’t even take the time test drive the car so ya, not looking good so far boys and girls.
What? Two days to get a car.
Call 833 EV CHEVY for help.
That’s crazy
What are people with one car supposed to do

Call owner of dealership

Sit on the managers desk. They can consider that

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Took the car in. Told the service guy that it seems to go off when I drive over bumpy roads. He then proceeds to tell me that there is a update they are going to do to the car that should take care of it. 🙄

Got a call a day later that the car was ready. While the wife is driving me down to pick it up I tell her I bet it’s not fixed.
So I got in the car, drove maybe a mile and hit some bumps. Well you guessed it not fixed. So I turned around and vented my frustration to the service guy. So now we have to wait another 2 days before they will consider a rental car. They didn’t even take the time test drive the car so ya, not looking good so far boys and girls.
Did you get an OnStar alert? Is the software update to disable reporting to OnStar? Seems that's what happened after my first wiring harness replacement. LOL

So my rental Equinox 12v died from 2 days of not driving it - it has Auto Start-Stop so I guess the battery gets more cycling. Good thing I have a powerful battery charger that has 50A starting feature. And there's that USB starter I just bought... Guess I need to charge the 12v overnight and carry the USB car starter around just in case.

Oh, and because the power went out, I am getting 'CAL' on the DIC instead of direction while the compass calibrates. And, for some reason, the infotainment touch screen stopped working. I'll have to disconnect the battery to reset it. ICE sucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finally got a call from the dealership Friday. Mind you this is after leaving a message and trying to call them Thursday without getting through to anyone. So a full week and still no fix. They claim they are going to order the entire wiring system for the srs as they cannot chase it down.
Cool so now they get to rip the whole car apart to try and fix something that may or may not work. How is this even possible? Ya the car sat for months and months but that in return means all the connectors possibly get corroded because it sat there. I’m not buying it. My guess is this problem will get worse and worse for Chevy as time goes on. And I hate to say it but it may not be a matter of if you you guys have to deal with this soon but when.

Oh about the the whole rental car thing. Chevy only gives up to 46 dollars a day for the rental and your have to go to hertz. Well I called hertz and the cheapest car they have in my area is 58 dollars a day! So we have to pay out of pocket for the rest.
Sorry Chevy it was a fun run but after the car is returned or should I say if we are moving in from your product.
You expect people to spend upwards of 40k for a car and then when we can’t drive it after a few months of ownership you make us pay the difference in a rental?
Anyone looking for a low mileage bolt that may or may not be a lemon do I have a car for you.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Finally got a call from the dealership Friday. Mind you this is after leaving a message and trying to call them Thursday without getting through to anyone. So a full week and still no fix. They claim they are going to order the entire wiring system for the srs as they cannot chase it down.
Cool so now they get to rip the whole car apart to try and fix something that may or may not work. How is this even possible? Ya the car sat for months and months but that in return means all the connectors possibly get corroded because it sat there. I’m not buying it. My guess is this problem will get worse and worse for Chevy as time goes on. And I hate to say it but it may not be a matter of if you you guys have to deal with this soon but when.

Oh about the the whole rental car thing. Chevy only gives up to 46 dollars a day for the rental and your have to go to hertz. Well I called hertz and the cheapest car they have in my area is 58 dollars a day! So we have to pay out of pocket for the rest.
Sorry Chevy it was a fun run but after the car is returned or should I say if we are moving in from your product.
You expect people to spend upwards of 40k for a car and then when we can’t drive it after a few months of ownership you make us pay the difference in a rental?
Anyone looking for a low mileage bolt that may or may not be a lemon do I have a car for you.
Prepare for a long wait. :(

Call the EV Concierge and let them know the Hertz only has a higher rate, they can get a waiver for the higher rate (or have them call your dealer to get the rental for you). Too bad there is no Bolt EV for rent at Hertz today.

I am pretty upset with this Trade/Repurchase being a Lemon. I have placed an order for an ID.4 (after cancelling my order). If I were you, I would find a local VW dealer that will sell you an ordered ID.4 at MSRP and put a REFUNDABLE deposit on it at vw.com. As it gets closer to delivery date, see how the Bolt situation is going and consider putting in a Buyback with GM. The ID.4 factory in TN has started operation, so you will likely get a Made In the USA 2923 ID.4 that should qualify for at least $3,750 in tax credit.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
Chevy only gives up to 46 dollars a day for the rental and your have to go to hertz. Well I called hertz and the cheapest car they have in my area is 58 dollars a
They claim they are going to order the entire wiring system for the srs as they cannot chase it down.
That’s what they told @p7wang. I think. Ordering a new harness.

I would think the ev rep would be able to help with the rental BS

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought you might all like a little update. Radio silence since last week so I decided to call this morning to see where were at. Service manager told me they the wiring harness came in but there’s two other cars in front of ours they need to fix first with the same issue before they get the car back to us.

He actually told me they have a special person in their shop that only does these! Wtf? And there are still two cars in front of mine? How is Chevy not going to be drastically affected by this is hard to imagine.

I would expect things are about to get a whole lot worse for Chevy as this progresses. And I cannot tell how disappointed I am with all of this. Please guys if you deal with this same issue you must reach out to the NHTSB to make a claim. It’s the only way to get Chevy to do something about this. Again, if you have not done so go look at the ongoing litigation about that exact same thing. Quite a few people have lost their lives and or been seriously injured due to this very serious issue.

We actually took a trip to BMW this weekend and checked out the i4 as my wife decided the bolt has to go if and when it comes back. What an amazing car I mean wow.

Oh did I mention my wife is a trial attorney? She has already been working on the lemon/buy back stuff and is really excited to give chevy something to think about here. If we do in fact get the car back this time and it’a not fixed our first official correspondence will be going out to Chevy corporate.

Stay tuned, more to follow!

oh I almost forgot. Here’s the address to chevys legal department in case anyone needs it?

Chevrolet Legal Dept.
PO Box 33170
Detroit, MI 48232-517

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
at. Service manager told me they the wiring harness came in but there’s two other cars in front of ours they need to fix first with the same issue before they get the car back to us.

He actually told me they have a special perso
??????
thanks for letting us know. But I don’t understand why only 3 (maybe 4) people have posted about issues with the airbag message. Mine was fixed in one day and has been fine for a few thousand miles.
And I was just at the dealer 2 weeks ago and they checked for recalls and nothing about this. Just a software update.

??????? ????

41 - 60 of 79 Posts