Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got the car back finally. Once the title shows up it’s being sold. Have a close friend who’s brother in law is the sales manager at one of the biggest volume bmw dealers on the west coast. IX on order as of today. Yah it’s a big step up but you only love once.

See you on the other side boys and girls.

·
Registered
Ghost Grey Bolt Premier EUV 2LT 2022
10 Posts
So my Nov build EUV that I had brought in for airbag alert has wiring harness replaced but that did not fix it. I am starting to get 'SRS Restraint' alert appear on the center console multiple times and just had the red alert light come on. Nothing reported to OnStar yet. This will be repair #2 in 3 mo of ownership. I may be on my way to getting a Blazer EV (or 2023 Bolt EUV with another $6K back in my pocket) as replacement vehicle toward end of the year. Sigh...
Ours was doing it a lot. They ended up replacing a connection under the seat. They didn’t want to fix it until I told them to keep it until it’s fixed. Two weeks in and we haven’t heard a beep.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Rental extended again running tab estimate now at $5K, still no parts. GM would have saved money leasing me a Tesla.

BTW, just saw this on the ICE Equinox from the Click Baiting Faux News on GM vehicles. Well, at least the wheels are not falling off, the new low bar set by Toyota. LOL

It does not this portion which I find interesting, though.

"For units of the Chevy Equinox with DTC B0073 triggered, or if a Service Safety Restraints message is displayed on the DIC, check connector X320 (Right Front Seat Harness to Body Harness) for corrosion or water damage. Ensure that the SIR system is disabled prior to inspecting. If water damage is discovered, also check the BCM connector for water intrusion. If water intrusion or corrosion is discovered, it’s recommended that dielectric grease is applied to the connector and that the diagnosis is continued as appropriate. Refer to Bulletin #22-NA-170 for more information."

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
Rental extended again running tab estimate now at $5K, still no parts. GM would have saved money leasing me a Tesla.
DIC, check connector X320 (Right Front Seat Harness to Body Harness) for corrosion or water damage
wow. Was wondering how you where doing.

I hope they checked that connector.
Or get the parts they need from one being produced on the line.

They need to send you a rental check.
Or start a repurchase trade or sonmething

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Fortunately, rental is being billed to dealer.

This is 2nd fix, so they are going to replace the whole airbag system.

No rush on buyback/trade... Will request later in Spring or maybe Summer when hopefully info on Equinox ordering becomes available. My 18mo Lemon Law claim deadline is Sep 15, 2023.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Got my Bolt back! Svc manager called this AM saying they got the parts and it will be ready tomorrow. I checked my app after lunch and saw that it's charging, so I figured they were done, confirmed and picked up this afternoon. Glad to be back in an EV. Woo hoo!

Also, there was another Powertrain S/W update, which they loaded... I guess EVs really needs OTA.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Yeah, now I just have to worry about tires going bad on one side from baking in the sun for almost 3 months... pretty sure the dealer did not move my car around while sitting on the lot - like those Russian military vehicles. LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
My July '22 manufactured EUV was randomly showing Service Safety Restraint System when I had a passenger in the car. Took it to a dealer here. They found that the airbag module on the passenger seat could be moved within its housing. As it was moved, it would throw the alert. The secured it in place and could not reproduce it after. Went for a 45 min drive with a passenger and it didn't happen. I'll keep monitoring, but it looks like that was it in my case.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Reading the paperwork, seems the issue was the driver side airbag itself (so it was not the harness, or at least not just the harness). They had to conduct a "cold wiggle" test to find that it is indeed loose. So lesson learned is that when a connection is flaky, it could be either side. My guess is that the problem was the driver side airbag module in the first place. Replacing the wiring harness when I brought it in the first time was equivalent to reseating the connectors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Nov built EUV. I'm also getting the service restraint system message. Is it a loose connector under the driver's seat? I can't just give the car I waited 11 months for to a dealer 60 miles away, and not have the use of the car for weeks. I will not except a gas car rental, or loaner. GM did a vin swap for my 2020 Bolt that was leased. 5 months left on the lease. I was planning on buying it out of the lease. What is the fix?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I have a Nov built EUV. I'm also getting the service restraint system message. Is it a loose connector under the driver's seat? I can't just give the car I waited 11 months for to a dealer 60 miles away, and not have the use of the car for weeks. I will not except a gas car rental, or loaner. GM did a vin swap for my 2020 Bolt that was leased. 5 months left on the lease. I was planning on buying it out of the lease. What is the fix?
In my case, it was ultimately the driver seat airbag. Others here have other issues/fixes. I would not delay on reporting and getting another vehicle for an airbag issue as this mean life or death concern in an accident.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Looks like ID.4 owners are having airbag issues too. Wonder if GM and VW airbags come from the same factory.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,392 Posts
Looks like ID.4 owners are having airbag issues too. Wonder if GM and VW airbags come from the same factory.

Good question
At least you got your car back. Hope it’s been fine.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts