Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks for the post, it provides a good explanation of the issue and update.

This is actually good news, as the update is being done so that a potential (and rare) battery defect is detected earlier, giving the driver more time to safely pull over before the car stops. It doesn’t appear that normal range / performance / drivability will be affected by this update.

I’m not going to rush to my dealer to get this done. My annual NY inspection is due in June, i’ll get it done then.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I see no reason to rush in for this.
Yep. I'll let few other Bolt owners be the guinea pigs for my techs to familiarize with the procedure. ;-)

Thank you bro1999 for the heads-up.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This "customer satisfaction bulletin" almost sounds if GM wishes to get more Bolts coming back to dealership service departments. Which otherwise wouldn't happen anytime soon.

Once I go I think I'll get my tire wear checked on their laser monitoring equipment. Just to see how things are doing.

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
I don't have an OnStar account, so this notification doesn't show up on my ap. My car is currently at the dealer now, so I guess I'll ask about getting this done.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What makes anyone think that GM technicians don't know how to do software updates? Just because you haven't done one on your car doesn't mean that dealerships haven't been doing them for years.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
What makes anyone think that GM technicians don't know how to do software updates? Just because you haven't done one on your car doesn't mean that dealerships haven't been doing them for years.
I think it stems from the assumption that the systems on the Bolt are significantly different in terms of check points that the procedures for actually updating software will differ significantly from ICE systems which can look similar and familiar to techs.

Sorta like when you jump between OS shells like PowerShell vs Bash. If you had mainly worked with one for 90% of your career, you will curse a lot when you switch to the other.

I would hate to be the first Bolt a tech tries a software update procedure on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.