Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leased a Bolt and after 33,000 miles, I pretty much trashed the carpet. The cloth seats got pretty dirty too - hope leather resists dirt better! Now I have bought a used Premier and want to protect the carpet. I read lots of love for the Weathertech mats, though I think they look kind of cheesy and primitive. I did see these 3D MAXpider - Kagu Floor Liners <3D MAXpider庐 - Kagu Floor Liners> that look pretty elegant. Have any of you tried this kind of mat with any feedback on how it holds up?

thanks
Jim

Registered
I used my Chevy Rewards points from the purchase for the all weather mats from GM. Perfect fit and full coverage for dead pedal, which is an issue for some folks, but not me. By the way,KAGU is a bird, not a "series". Funny how they invented a name.

Registered
I leased a Bolt and after 33,000 miles, I pretty much trashed the carpet. The cloth seats got pretty dirty too - hope leather resists dirt better! Now I have bought a used Premier and want to protect the carpet. I read lots of love for the Weathertech mats, though I think they look kind of cheesy and primitive. I did see these 3D MAXpider - Kagu Floor Liners <3D MAXpider庐 - Kagu Floor Liners> that look pretty elegant. Have any of you tried this kind of mat with any feedback on how it holds up?

thanks
Jim
We have has Kagus in three cars now. Very very grippy on the floor, great fit in our Bolts. A used set at a bargain price, otherwise $175.

Registered
2021 Bolt EV Premier
Best ones out there are the Tuxmats. Yes they are more expensive but that is what you pay for QUALITY.

Registered
Have the maxpider in Bolt 15k miles and another car 25k miles. Have had no problems with them. They stay in place. Look great, are easy to take out and rinse off with a hose or power washer and I don鈥檛 find anything under them when I remove them

Registered
Ditto on the Maxpiders. I opted for the black ones as grey universal mats I had before got stained black overtime, even with multiple soaks, 1400psi pressure washer, and a scrubber brush drill attachment. Likely the rainy weather here in the PNW caused the black staining.

Registered
I use Weathertech.
Not really happy. They are not easy to clean (dirt somehow is stuck). Also, the "mounting" holes leak. Very tiny, but leak. On winter, snow and salt always find a way...
Also, the biggest complaint is lack of the side edge next to the drivers door. It is flat surface.

I saw the 3D MAXpider Kagu - they look a tad better than WT, but also have the holes.

So far the best mats I ever had are Husky.
For some weird reason - none of my cars was listed (Bolt and KIA Forte5). Yet, all my wife's cars were (Fiat 500X and Audi Q5). Weird.

Registered
I have the Weather Tech ones on our 2020 Bolt and like them, i also have the all season ones from GM they were in the Bolt when we purchased it. This winter will tell how the WT ones will stand up to our winters this year

Registered
I have the GM all-weather matts and they work great for me. But, I don't have mud, road salt and little winter snow, but they keep the grime at bay. If I lived in a more challenging environment I might want something with more coverage, not sure.

Registered
I use Weathertech.
Not really happy. They are not easy to clean (dirt somehow is stuck). Also, the "mounting" holes leak. Very tiny, but leak. On winter, snow and salt always find a way...
Also, the biggest complaint is lack of the side edge next to the drivers door. It is flat surface.

I saw the 3D MAXpider Kagu - they look a tad better than WT, but also have the holes.

So far the best mats I ever had are Husky.
For some weird reason - none of my cars was listed (Bolt and KIA Forte5). Yet, all my wife's cars were (Fiat 500X and Audi Q5). Weird.
Maxpider holes are capped. No leaks so far, two cars, one winter.

Registered
I have had the weather tech in 2 other EV's, and works fine for that, seems like weather tech isn't good for the bolt, I I too am looking at something to save the floor with, we do a lot of trail running, and there is mud, poop, food everywhere....it's from the dog honestly

Registered
2019 Bolt EV Premier
For those using the Tuxmat, did you have to stick the fasteners through the carpet?
do they snap onto the carpet studs on the floor like the weathertech (or stock carpet mats)?

I hate jamming anything through the carpets.
When I picked up my 2019 recently, my dealer had installed a set of Weathertech in the car (added them at their cost)
I have Weathertech in other vehicles but on the Bolt they didn鈥檛 bring the 鈥榙ead pedal鈥 cover higher like they should have

MaxPider look good but hard to find in Canada. Tuxmat is an hour from me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know about the Spider's functionality, but they look great. I think they are the most handsome of all the waterproof matts out there, without a doubt. I have grey-blue carpeting and the matts are black, and that works ok visually.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.