Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone out there can help me. No Chevy dealer seems to know what the deal is with the all weather floor mats for the cabin and cargo area.

The ones my Premier came with suck.

The Bolt EV build tool on the Chevy site lets you select all weather mats for the cabin and cargo area, but they don't come up in the accessories available for the Bolt??

Frustrating...>:)

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Hoping someone out there can help me. No Chevy dealer seems to know what the deal is with the all weather floor mats for the cabin and cargo area.

The ones my Premier came with suck.

The Bolt EV build tool on the Chevy site lets you select all weather mats for the cabin and cargo area, but they don't come up in the accessories available for the Bolt??

Frustrating...>:)
Did you order the all weather mats from the factory? Or are you saying the carpet mats are crap?

Sounds like they may not be ready yet. I put in some generic mats I've used in other cars till an official solution comes out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
seems likes they are not available yet, which is a fail to me: launch a car in the winter and not have all weather mats not available?
i bought a cheap set at costco for this rainy winter.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
seems likes they are not available yet, which is a fail to me: launch a car in the winter and not have all weather mats not available?
i bought a cheap set at costco for this rainy winter.
Add it to the nitpick thread! ;)

But seriously, that is pretty sloppy. How hard is it to give some supplier the measurements and have them crank out some floor mats before the cars started shipping?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had the same experience with my dealer here in the NW. I saw that you can order the all-weather mats with a new build, but the dealers have no clue how to order them after the fact. GM makes $150B/year and can't figure out how to coordinate an accessory with the release of a car? Sounds minor, but I would prefer to preserve the carpets from the mud, rain and snow.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Agree in principle with geeboss. Never bought the OEM rubber stuff before.

Always waited for the Rubbermaid mats sale at Canadian Tire. (Weathertech are great, but kinda pricey..). Given snowless January there should be a rubbermaid sale soon before my Bolt arrives.

Take out the factory cloth floor mats and put in the rubbermaids cut to size. This is std practice for Cdn with muddy shoes or snowboots for 6 months a year. With the rubbermaids the semi melted ice, residual salt/gravel and crap never spills over onto the cloth underneath. Also the rubbermaids clean up nicely (weather permitting) with any tire cleaner. Use common sense to avoid aka-T unwanted accelerator pedal action.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The weathertech avm mats look pretty good but there really is no ridge at all around it. They do look like they could be cut to fit a lot nicer than your average bargain mat but I'm not too sure how well it would fair ?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Agree in principle with geeboss. Never bought the OEM rubber stuff before.

Always waited for the Rubbermaid mats sale at Canadian Tire. (Weathertech are great, but kinda pricey..). Given snowless January there should be a rubbermaid sale soon before my Bolt arrives.

Take out the factory cloth floor mats and put in the rubbermaids cut to size. This is std practice for Cdn with muddy shoes or snowboots for 6 months a year. With the rubbermaids the semi melted ice, residual salt/gravel and crap never spills over onto the cloth underneath. Also the rubbermaids clean up nicely (weather permitting) with any tire cleaner. Use common sense to avoid aka-T unwanted accelerator pedal action.
That's my winning strategy.

Just have to make sure you knock out your boots/shoes before you bring them in and overall you will have clean carpets and even the rubber mats will be clean enough.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Just gotta make sure the mats sits flat in the Bolt foot well. I've made that mistake once in the past where it wasn't flat and it kind of blocked a bit of the brake pedal so it doesn't depresses as much.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Definitely can agree to that ^

Once I had a universal mat in my car and the opposite actually happened, I pushed the pedal down and somehow it managed to get trapped under the mat and stuck there. Thankfully it was the break pedal and not the gas pedal otherwise that could have ended up quite badly.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Underneath the driver’s side cloth floor mat on the Bolt: towards the seat end: are there any tabs / hooks kind of thing in order to restrict the mat from getting pushed forward towards the pedals ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like the part# for the 2017 Bolt Premium All-Weather Front & Rear Mat Pkg. is 42333257 and currently retails for $130.
Also, there is a matching Premium All-Weather Cargo Mat Pkg. part# 42400139 that currently retails for $100.

Global Parts Availability shows stock on hand from the source for immediate shipment when ordered through your local GM Dealership Parts Dept.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1 - 20 of 86 Posts