Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order on 11/8 - an order that included all weather mats. Dealer got me my order number right away and of course I have contacted Chevy and been told that my order has been accepted. The rub is that when I placed the order I included the all weather mat option (or SOME mat option - paperwork is not handy so I can't say for sure). Anyway, the mats are both back-ordered and a dealer-installed option.

I have yet to get a target production week and the dealer said that if the mats were to hold the order up they'd let me know. Good people there so I have little reason to doubt. I am assuming that since my order is in accepted status, that the mat "issue" (MatGate??) will NOT hold up my order and that lack of a production week is unrelated.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't see how this will end up holding up you're delivery or production in any way. It's something that they can have a delay on, get in, and put in the car for you. It's just mats. That's it. Doesn't require anything special from the assembly plant to be installed and it's not a "complex" component.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If it's a dealer installed option, then there's no reason why it'll affect your Bolt delivery time. You can still drive around in a mat-less Bolt before your dealership get's them. Factory installed option is another matter.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yea.. if anything just ask them to keep the plastic on the floor ? Give it a quick vacuum every now and then until you get the all weather mats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
From what I understand mats are part of PDI. So when a tech PDI's you car, they get a list of all it should include, just as they would when servicing and replacing parts. That being the case they'll give you mats after.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the question here is whether or not GM will be good enough to supply the dealer with the items to fulfill the requests for dealer installed options that correspond with the orders on the vehicles that they are shipped.

In other words, if the dealer gets 5 cars that selected 'all season mats' in their order, will the dealer get at least 5 sets when they get these cars delivered? Hopefully they would get a few extra of the most popular items to be able to up-sell those buyers who did not select the option on the order while still having the correct supply for those who did.

One would hope that their logistics are setup well enough to make sure that this happens, but I would not be too optimistic. Myself, I would plan on there being a delay in availability for some of the dealer installed options, especially on the very early shipments.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very weird situation. I contacted ChevyChat and got a TPW of 1/2/17, so it should be built that first week in January. During that chat I also asked if the delayed, dealer-installed floor mats (option VAV) would delay or effect my production date. My Chevy chat rep replied, "Most likely it will not delay production because it will be installed at the dealership after the vehicle's delivered to the dealership. However, I would recommend checking with your dealership for clarification."

I then contacted my sales rep, who has been just terrific so far, asking him to clarify the issue and if he felt it might delay the order to remove it. His response to the same question was, "Very good, VAV is now removed from your order (because it would delay your delivery). VAV should be available soon (maybe February) through our parts department."

So just be careful. I would guess that the probability Chevy would NOT build and ship the vehicle owing to an unavailable dealer-option would be very slight indeed, but why take that risk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should add the minor bummer that I won't be getting the tax break on my 2016 taxes. Here's hoping The Orange One doesn't wreck it in his first 100 day march on Rome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love the the fact that they didn't make the "Bolt EV" part stand out with any crazy colors and instead just included it in the rest of the mold. Well done chevrolet

Starting to wish it covered more of the foot well area:

Those are crap with respect to coverage. It looks like the attorneys helped design them so they don't get tangled with the pedals.

I'll be waiting for Weathertech to do it right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those are crap with respect to coverage. It looks like the attorneys helped design them so they don't get tangled with the pedals.

I'll be waiting for Weathertech to do it right.
At least the back ones look good.
the front I would look for something else.

Does anyone know if WT has em yet?

·
Registered
624 Posts
not yet. they were supposed to have them 'end of july'... but that's come and gone. basically, don't believe anyone when they tell you a schedule.

i'm on their mailing list for when the product is released, and i haven't seen any notification yet.

husky is still MIA too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
:)I have the Bolt EV all weather mats. Front mats could be larger but work well for me. I hate mud and avoid it at all cost. Never been a big WeatherTech fan, mats are too big and expensive.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
WeatherTech is on the pricier side, but those things will outlast your car and they have great coverage. The Bolt mats look great, but winter slush is where they'll really be tested.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
..The Bolt mats look great, but winter slush is where they'll really be tested.
No doubt they'll fail "the slush test"... they have absolutely nothing to stop melted slush and snow from running over the sides onto the carpet. They're nice quality, but should be renamed "fair weather mats" :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts