Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I park my 2022 Bolt EUV in my garage. I have it set to automatically lock all doors when they are all closed. I always leave the windows rolled up. This morning I went into the garage and saw that all four windows were completely rolled down. I did not roll them down. There is only one other adult in my house and they did not roll them down. In addition, the driver’s door was unlocked. I am stumped as to how this could have happened. Thoughts?

·
Registered
318 Posts
There is a ghost living in your Bolt :)

Haven't checked on my Bolt but my Volt would roll all windows down if the unlock on the key fob was pressed long enough. More than once I went outside in the morning to find all the windows down because I had the key fob in my pants pocked and the unlock button was pressed long enough to roll the windows down. VW has this as a feature, seems like pressing and holding the lock button would roll all the windows up. Pity the windows were cool but the engines didn't last and the interior fell apart on my VWs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a ghost living in your Bolt :)

Haven't checked on my Bolt but my Volt would roll all windows down if the unlock on the key fob was pressed long enough.
I suspected maybe something like that. I did try holding down the lock button on the key fob, but nothing happened. I also looked in the manual for anything describing such a feature but didn’t find anything. I’ll give it another try with all the fob buttons.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
… I’ll give it another try with all the fob buttons.
Mystery solved! I held down on the fob unlock button and all the windows went down. I must have accidentally pressed the button last night while the fob was in my pocket.

No such luck, however, getting them to go back up using the fob. Had to start the car and roll each one up individually.

I recall this feature is for airing out a car on a hot day. Guess they figure you’ll eventually get in and drive away so you can put the windows up then.

Reactions: shrox

·
Registered
2021Bolt
233 Posts
I recall this feature is for airing out a car on a hot day. Guess they figure you’ll eventually get in and drive away so you can put the windows up then.
I always wondered What about the people who do it before a snowstorm at night and come out to go to work in the AM. A lot more then air gets in. I bet this has happened with the Volt. Which often did it with me, but in Fl.

It can be defeated by dealer. Which I did. But the next time they work on the car It reverts back unless you tell them

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had a similar is with my BMW was getting ready to wash it and must have inadvertently held down the unlock button (which also lowers the windows). Started to spray the car with a hose and hit the open window before I realized it was down.

In your case, thankfully it wasn't a homeless guy using your car as a toilet.

·
Registered
971 Posts
FROM 2022 BOLT OWNER'S MANUAL
Page 23:Remote Window Operation
If equipped, this feature allows all the windows to be opened remotely. If enabled in vehicle personalization, press and hold unlock on the RKE transmitter. See Vehicle Personalization.
Page 104: If equipped, this feature enables remote operation of the windows with the remote key.
See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation.
Touch Off or On.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Curious. I can't find any reference to this feature in the manual for my 2022 EUV and, trying it just now, holding down the unlock button on the RKE does not roll the windows down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I park my 2022 Bolt EUV in my garage. I have it set to automatically lock all doors when they are all closed. I always leave the windows rolled up. This morning I went into the garage and saw that all four windows were completely rolled down. I did not roll them down. There is only one other adult in my house and they did not roll them down. In addition, the driver’s door was unlocked. I am stumped as to how this could have happened. Thoughts?
The learning curve is always steep. It's in your garage. lock the garage and leave a window down.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premier
27 Posts
My prior vehicle, a 2013 Chevrolet Volt, had a remote key FOB feature to lower all four side windows. There’s no mention of that same feature in the owners manual of my current car - a 2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premier. Perhaps that feature exists and is programmed on your vehicle too.
Hmm, however I do NOT recall that lowering the windows via a key FOB command on my Volt would unlock the doors. That is a mystery!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts