Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just received my AmazingE Fast 32 Amp Level 2 EVSE with a NEMA 14-50 plug. It looks great and I was super excited to get it (after waiting a while). Unfortunately, when I got the installer here to install the NEMA 14-50 outlet he informed me that my circuit breaker can't handle another 50amp circuit - so installing a charger is going to be a significantly more expensive endeavor than I can do right now.

There is a 14 week lead time on these things if you order one from Clipper Creek today, but I can send you one immediately! I'm in the NYC area and could drop it off to you within a reasonable radius or can ship it.

Here's the link to all of the information (from Clipper Creek): 32A Level 2 EVSE AmazingE FAST with NEMA 14-50 Plug | Powered by ClipperCreek

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You should only need a 40A circuit for that by the way. Guess you could replace plug.

I assume the guy is correct but you ought to double check that in fact don't have ampacity available. Seems many electricians have been giving EV drivers some advice that may not be correct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should only need a 40A circuit for that by the way. Guess you could replace plug.

I assume the guy is correct but you ought to double check that in fact don't have ampacity available. Seems many electricians have been giving EV drivers some advice that may not be correct.
thanks - agreed. I believe he said it was a 30 amp box (its a subpanel in my garage).

·
Registered
2020 Bolt EV LT
216 Posts
This is no longer available. I am not sure how to change the status.
I think you can edit the title by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of your original post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts