Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am wondering if anyone has found a way to link Alexa to either their Bolt, the Aerovironment Charger, or both. The only functionality I see is with the JuiceBox. I have looked at Alexa and IFTTT and do not see MyChevrolet as an option...yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1 vote for an Alexa skill that would let me precondition my Bolt so I don't have to push buttons on my phone like some sort of caveman.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
"+1 vote for an Alexa skill that would let me precondition my Bolt so I don't have to push buttons on my phone like some sort of caveman.That would be nice."

Chargepoint, that would be a nice addition to your Alexa trigger.

·
Registered
331 Posts
+1 vote for an Alexa skill that would let me precondition my Bolt so I don't have to push buttons on my phone like some sort of caveman.

You can precondition your Bolt with your Apple Watch for that Dick Tracy or Michael Knight vibe...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have been preconditioning my Bolt since day 1. The skill has been there, we're talking about asking Alexa to start/precondition the Bolt, right? According to the site, the skill is almost 2 years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been preconditioning my Bolt since day 1. The skill has been there, we're talking about asking Alexa to start/precondition the Bolt, right? According to the site, the skill is almost 2 years old.
Thank you!!! I never even thought about an Alexa skill until I saw this thread and thought, "oh, that would be cool." Since you posted it already exists, I set it up and it worked perfectly!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Thank you!!! I never even thought about an Alexa skill until I saw this thread and thought, "oh, that would be cool." Since you posted it already exists, I set it up and it worked perfectly!
I never use the MyChevrolet App even when out and about to start my Bolt. It is faster to launch Alexa on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone, voice the command and pin, than to launch the MyChevrolet App, go through the short screen and use the keypad to put in my PIN. For me, with my phone skills, it's a 300% faster to use the phone Alexa app.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I never use the MyChevrolet App even when out and about to start my Bolt. It is faster to launch Alexa on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone, voice the command and pin, than to launch the MyChevrolet App, go through the short screen and use the keypad to put in my PIN. For me, with my phone skills, it's a 300% faster to use the phone Alexa app.
Interesting. I use Nova Launcher and have a shortcut setup that if I double-tap the homescreen, it opens the MyChevy app. But it's still slow to load and complete the process from there. I have the Alexa app on my phone, but until now I've really only used it for shopping lists. I'll have to time both ways to see which is faster for me. First world dilemmas. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Late to the party - but yes, can confirm that the Bolt plays nicely with Alexa. We’ve been using it for almost a year now. Very convenient when leaving the house with hands full, don’t even have to whip out the phone to do it. Quick note, the PIN requested is the MyChevy PIN, not the Amazon PIN (the one used to make purchases using Alexa).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts