Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I've only seen the inside of the Bolt in daylight and I see listed in the standard features of the Premier "lamp, interior, ambient instrument panel". I couldn't find an image showing this and I was wondering if any of you luck folks out there who have already taken delivery of your Bolt have any images of this?

It sounds sorta cool, I just wonder if it looks cool too?

Reactions: davioh2001

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
This is what it looks like. A blue piping around the dash. I think it is cool and wish that it came on the LT as well, but alas, it does not. It does make me scheme on how hard that dash is to take apart and add it though...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what it looks like. A blue piping around the dash. I think it is cool and wish that it came on the LT as well, but alas, it does not. It does make me scheme on how hard that dash is to take apart and add it though...

Against that cool textured white part of the dash will look really cool in person too I'm sure!

As for popping the dash apart, just mind the airbags!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That does look pretty epic. Would love to have some floor lights to match with it or have it continue on the door panels.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
That does look pretty epic. Would love to have some floor lights to match with it or have it continue on the door panels.
Under dash floor lighting to match would be an easy mod. Continuing on the doors... more difficult, but could be done.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You can try attaching those LED tape lights to the dash, but they won't look as clean as the factory option unless you know a guy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The lights are pretty cool. You may adjust the brightness with the brightness control for the rest of the dash. At the lowest setting the blue strip is off.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Maybe use that El Wire thing that they sell... or used to sell.. I looked into it like 3 years ago or something and I'm not too sure if it's still on the market, but I'm positive someone has to be selling something like it.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I really like this feature, but because I'm getting an LT I won't have it. However since I have worked in the lighting business the last 20+ years and I have been working on cars since I was a teenager, I'm going to seriously look into what it will take to retrofit my LT with these parts. My guess is, as per usual GM, the wiring is likely already in the car. Likely all that is needed is the lighting element and the driver. That and a few hours of disassembly and reassembly.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Now that sounds like it would be a fun project. While you're in there you'll probably think of other things you could add to snazz it up a little bit too ;)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
El Wire or El Tape seems to be the better options as they're cleaner looking compared to the generic LED tape. What do you have in mind for the lighting system DaV8or?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Now that sounds like it would be a fun project. While you're in there you'll probably think of other things you could add to snazz it up a little bit too ;)
El Wire or El Tape seems to be the better options as they're cleaner looking compared to the generic LED tape. What do you have in mind for the lighting system DaV8or?
I was just thinking to use the factory parts to get my LT to have the same ambient light piping as the Premier does. Although it might be cool to switch to amber instead of the factory blue so that it matches the exterior paint scheme. I may also investigate special footwell lighting, but I'll wait to see what's in there already.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sure wish you could control the brightness of the ambient strip independently of the screens. When I turn down the screens, the ambient is almost gone. And I agree, it would be nice to have under dash (footwell) lighting and in the doors. But then I just came from an ELR which had both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an old topic.
Was anyone able to find the factory part and install it?

Considering install this. If I can't find the factory part, I'll buy a 3rd party wire on amazon, but I'm guessing the color wouldn't match

·
Registered
647 Posts
The light is so subtle that I didn't even notice it for months. If you are a person who dims the panel lighting at night, like most people do, the "ambient" lighting is barely visible - it's a real ho-hummer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts