Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person when I get mine!!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I took some photos of the dashboard ambient lighting featured in the Bolt EV Premier model:

The 'ambient' stars in the background are courtesy of one of the popular holiday laser light projection units. More photos here: The Bolt EV Premier Gallery
Grrrrr.... don't show me that. I bought an LT and I so wish I had that. I just couldn't justify an extra $4100 to get it. I'm still thinking of ripping apart the dash and adding that to mine. I just need to find out how hard it is to get it apart and if the wiring is already in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am buying a Bolt soon.
Just wanted to know if the ambient lighting is dimmable, and if so, is it tied to the dimming of the gauge display or is it dimmable on its own?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The ambient lighting only dims with the master dimmer control.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
A thread for the wire installation would be great. I've always been curious to see if you need to pry up the dash to make the wire less noticeable or if you just stick it on.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
In the photo is looks really noticeable in the evenings/night time, but if EldRick says he never notices it, is it just photo glory?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The Bolt display's are pretty bright at night, so at the level I like to dim them down to for actual driving- the accent strip kind of fades into the background.

It's a nice "gee-whiz" feature for new passengers, etc... but as the primary driver.. you pretty much don't see it after a few outings.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think a good place to stick some ambient lighting is where the cup holder and phone slots are, so you can grab whatever is in there at night.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the photo is looks really noticeable in the evenings/night time, but if EldRick says he never notices it, is it just photo glory?
The bottom image is photo glory (pitch black in my garage, except for the Christmas laser lights on the wall), but the top image is a pretty accurate representation.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Unless you like to drive with the display brightness all the way up, I'd say the first photo overstates the visibility of the blue line considerably.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts