Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Ampera-e left side mirror part #?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  azdebiker 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I've been looking for the part number for the left side wing mirror glass (US drivers side) for the Ampera-e with blind spot LED. I've found plenty of stick on repair glass but none that account for blind spot LED.

I love a good "euro" mirror mod and was hoping there was one available for the Bolt. Any ideas where I can find it or what the number is?

#3 ·
I don't have the part number for the glass alone, but I do have part numbers for the mirror assembly:
42553510 Left
42553500 Right

Without camera, with blind spot detection, with power folding.
The diagram makes it look like the glass is included in the assembly, then you just add 23326290 window switch to use the power folding feature.

#5 ·
Part #42690726 is just the mirror glass (left, w/ blind spot, power fold.) It is convex, with field of view somewhere between the stock NA mirror and those little stick on blind spot mirrors. It also has Korean text on it explaining as much 😂

#6 ·
Sorry, some last updates here if you attempt on a 2022 (as I have.) Fitment is perfect and it looks just like it should. Spacing around glass and housing are exactly the same and it snaps on/off just the same. Full range of motion for adjustment too. But there are a few little snags:

First, these EU/KR mirrors (and presumably all 2017-2021 NA models) have an additional green/blue extension wire for BSW LED, but 2022 got rid of it - it's a pink/purple straight into the LED socket. No problem, ditch the extension. However, they also swapped the polarity. You'll need to make a little adapter or simply repin the pink/purple to match the older mirror.

Second, the heated mirror posts are a tad thinner so you need to crimp them down a little so they fit more snuggly.

Other than that, the original mirror had what I presume is a metal stabilizer clip and the replacement did not. I couldn't get it off, but there appeared to be a slot for it. Not sure it's a big deal, but will have to road test at speed to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.