Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Millersville, MD!

I picked up a 2019 Black Mosaic LT from JBA Chevrolet a few weeks ago. I'm in the process of making a few early modifications. I'm putting a blue carbon fiber style vinyl on all the emblems (key fobs too!) and then upgrading the factory speakers to Rockford Fosgate (already purchased) along with some sound dampening material on the door panels.

Luckily, the Maryland Transportation Authority (MTA) installed a free charger at the train station I use every day, so no plans to install a home charger just yet.

Next item on the list for consideration is a car cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congratulations on the new Bolt! We got ours from the same dealer. They had a guy who sort of specialized in Bolt sales, I believe his name was Kris. Anyway, I agree with the above, the blue bow ties look sharp. I’d love to do that for the bow tie on the steering wheel. Did you use a normal vinyl that you just cut to size?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
With the range of the Bolt EV, and the fact that you take the train each day, you will not be too distressed by an ICEing incident. However, these can occur for days in a row, especially at a free charger. You may want to make some paper notices. I have one {for MY dashboard} which says: "I am (or was) charging. If you need to charge & my charging has ended (solid green light on dashboard) feel free to unplug me. If you need my EV moved, please text a message to xxx-xxx-xxxx". Another one {for THEIR windshield wiper} says: "If my charging port door (on the L front) is open, and the cable reaches, would you please plug me in when you are finished charging. Thank you." The latter one has aided me on several occasions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How was your experience with JBA? I went there in my search both for new, then again for used and was absolutely disgusted by the way they treated me. I’m not sure why I even gave them a second chance with the used market.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have the Bose speakers and are going to replace them? Great! I would love to hear about your experience in doing this and impressions on sound quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts