Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we are seriously considering buying a new Bolt. The best price I have found so far is a 19 LT with customer convienience, driver confidence 1, and DCFC for $37,860 OTD.
That’s without the qualifying current gm lease, or the Costco rebate.

Seems like a good deal as the other dealers that have been willing to quote me actual pricing say that can’t touch that.

Thoughts are very much appreciated. I live in the Los Angeles area for reference. Thanks again all.

· Registered
862 Posts
If no other dealers will consider even attempting to match it, it is very likely a good deal. Comparing to prices in other areas or at other times is of little use (even a week ago or a week from now may result in a different price for a "good deal")

Many factors come into play that would motivate a dealer to discount a car more heavily. Floor plan expenses if the car has been in inventory for too long (varies by dealer). Sales "quotas" - moving more units (total and/or by model) can kick them into a higher level where they get more money from the manufacturer for EVERY car they sold that month/quarter/year. Achieving sales goals often allows them greater access and allocation to "in demand" or limited availability vehicles. The GM of the dealership may be close to earning a free vacation for meeting a certain quota. The dealership owner may have walked through and he/she declared they hated that particular color on the Bolt and wanted the car off the lot ASAP. If they can sell XX cars this month, the will be the #1 dealership by volume in the LA area.

There is one guarantee on whatever price you pay - someone, somewhere, sometime will pay a lower price.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Well, since you live in L.A. area, you can widen your net to anywhere in Calif to find one, IF you don't mind "a road trip". A one-time trip to the Bay Area for pickup would probably require two DCFC stops (if you left with a full charge). A one-way trip to the area should cost under $150.

So this is a two-prong attack.

Reach out to San Jose area dealers (Dublin Chevy, Fremont Chevy, Capital San Jose, ...) all of them. They all have LOTS of cars sitting on the the lot.

Reach out to all of them via email, and say something like:
- I am planning on buying a Bolt this year
- This is what I want (details of color and packages)
- what can you offer me (prices, features, and colors)?

THEN, after you get any offers you like, re-contact those and tell them that if all turns out well, that you will be flying up from LA to pick up the car, so the vehicle MUST be ready on the date of pickup, and the battery must be full. And just before heading up there, make sure to get something in writing (email or fax) with the car info, VIN number, and that if they can't deliver the car to you at the agreed-upon price (?before a certain time?) then THEY pay for a hotel overnight AND if you leave the next day without a car, THEY pay for the airplane back to LA.

But before flying up there, go back to your favorite dealer(s) in your local area and ask them one last time if they will match these offers that you got. That often works wonders, when you show them an email with a firm offer at a firm price, from another dealer. And be realistic: if they will offer you the car you want for $500-$1000 more than you can get up north, just buy it - no expenses, and you skip the travel to pick up your car.

Anyhow, hope it works out for you!

PS: Oh, remember to do a quick check of how much total taxes you will pay this year - not the last little bit you might owe in Apr 2019, but the total of taxes paid when all is said and done. If it isn't at least $7500, you still have a little time to try to generate income in 2018 (say, move money from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, or selling stock). Remember that the income you create will be taxable by CA! But at least you will wring the last drop of benefit of the $7500 tax credit from the feds.

· Registered
127 Posts
Ok, we are seriously considering buying a new Bolt. The best price I have found so far is a 19 LT with customer convienience, driver confidence 1, and DCFC for $37,860 OTD.
That’s without the qualifying current gm lease, or the Costco rebate.

Seems like a good deal as the other dealers that have been willing to quote me actual pricing say that can’t touch that.

Thoughts are very much appreciated. I live in the Los Angeles area for reference. Thanks again all.
If you can still find a 2018 model, you might try for that. I got my 2018 with the same packages you mention for 34700 OTD (although this includes Costco discount). Find a friend with Costco to get 500 shaved off! I got mine from Rotolo Chevy in Fontana. At first they werent giving me the price, but on the day I was going to buy the car, they sent an email saying they would. No haggling, just make an offer and see if they accept (my offer was 31500 before taxes and registration).

If you check on CarGurus, you can find which dealer is offering the lowest price, and have others try to match or beat it. Good luck!

· Registered
5 Posts
I have seen some in Concord for 31K and Fairfield for 33K with the same packages on Car Gurus. I got my LT in Oregon for $32,500 with the same packages as well. Shop around and make them price match, if they won't then I'd go further up north and pick one up for ~4K cheaper.

· Registered
5,054 Posts
A friend just purchased a loaded Bolt EV LT for $33,000 last week. That was that dealership's standard price (with the GM discounts). I recommend that you shop around.

I would suggest that you call Rydell in Northridge. They will give you a quote for the best price they will offer (no haggling and no baiting and switching). If someone can beat their price, it usually is a bait and switch, but then you can always walk away and buy from Rydell anyway.

· Registered
2017 Premier, new battery, 1993 GMC 2500, 2022 MYLR, 2017 M235i, Kubota B7100
891 Posts
A friend just purchased a loaded Bolt EV LT for $33,000 last week. That was that dealership's standard price (with the GM discounts). I recommend that you shop around.

I would suggest that you call Rydell in Northridge. They will give you a quote for the best price they will offer (no haggling and no baiting and switching). If someone can beat their price, it usually is a bait and switch, but then you can always walk away and buy from Rydell anyway.

Fremont Chevrolet in California seems to have everything (LT and Premiere - 82 vehicles) advertised at $5k off MSRP right now. You could probably work them from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.