Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's encouraging that GM is declaring more interest in recycling but that article seems as much puff piece as news. Re-purposing Volt battery covers as gardening tables? There can't be enough demand to go into production on that gardening table.

I didn't see an emphasis on redesigning components so they can go back into manufacturing input. Hopefully GM has some more serious folks than the ones she interviewed.

Here's little story about recycled materials, misused. I dunno if it's true: 10 years ago farm tractors from China, intended for the weekend hobby-farmer market here, were arriving with unidentified gunk for lubricant in the engines and transmissions. Universal advice to new owners was to replace the fluids before ever starting the thing. My contribution to the issue: "You have discovered China's novel solution to disposal of its hazardous waste."
:)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I agree with California. While sustainability is in the vision of “most” EV owners, I doubt if it even cracks the top five reasons for driving EVs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts