Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, another day, another recall. Yesterday, from my OnStar page I was advised of a new recall that could be done over the air by OnStar. I called them (OnStar) and asked of we could get it done. In total I talked to four people that really tried to help but, they had no idea what the recall was about or how to make it happen as the notice described.

Today I contacted my dealer to see if they had the information and to make arrangements to get the recall completed. They had the information and within a couple of hours the work was done. I have no idea what differences I should see as a result of this update but, it is done and GM should be happy.

The GM Program # is A172114410. The title is CGM and BYOM2+ Radio Software Updates

·
Registered
66 Posts
YES I had this recall done today except I was there for the loss of HV Battery propulsion recall and was told when i got there there were 2 recalls so I had both done in 2,5 hrs .
My software is now up to 14.5.0 which suppose to fix :
Certain 2017 model year Chevrolet Bolt EV vehicles need to be reprogrammed with an updated software package. Depending on the vehicle’s configuration, it may require more than one update. The new software package will improve phone connectivity, display resolution, rear camera operation and prevent instances of intermittent screen lock-up or black-out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certain 2017 model year Chevrolet Bolt EV vehicles need to be reprogrammed with an updated software package. Depending on the vehicle’s configuration, it may require more than one update. The new software package will improve phone connectivity, display resolution, rear camera operation and prevent instances of intermittent screen lock-up or black-out.
Yes, I read the words in the recall notice but, except for the last part about the screen issues, it sound a bit like a political promise. If I was having a problem, I didn't know it. If they fixed it, I can't tell. I am glad it is done, however.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.
I just checked mine and I now have 2 also, I guess I'll wait until the dust settles and get as many as possible done @ once.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Nothing for me, and in all honesty everything is working fine so I am not sure I will even get a recall.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Let me get this straight.....

It's an over the air update/recall... but you still had to go the the dealer to get it done?

Wonderful!! :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should really be able to check for update/recalls through the infotainment system and manually install them. Don't know why it requires a push through from dealers in the first place, unless it requires some sort of reprogramming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't see any way to make it happen over the air and OnStar didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Going to the dealer made it easy.

·
Registered
Bolt Lt, 2017
39 Posts
I found recalls under Preferred Dealer (Check for Recall) in my OnStar Canada app. There are three of them, one for the wipers, one for the infotainment and one for the battery control module. Their status is listed as incomplete, meaning that they are not ready to be rolled out yet in Canada. OnStar Canada probably uses snail mail for messages in the great north. Delivered by a guy/gal riding a moose (who lives in an Igloo).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found recalls under Preferred Dealer (Check for Recall) in my OnStar Canada app. There are three of them, one for the wipers, one for the infotainment and one for the battery control module. Their status is listed as incomplete, meaning that they are not ready to be rolled out yet in Canada. OnStar Canada probably uses snail mail for messages in the great north. Delivered by a guy/gal riding a moose (who lives in an Igloo).
Actually, "Incomplete" just means that you haven't yet had them done. It says something like "Incomplete Solution Not Available" if they're trying to tell you that you can't get your car fixed yet. So, your dealer should be able to do the update for you. Whether they actually are ready depends on the moose. That's an awful lot of ones and zeros for one moose to carry. Plus, even once the moose gets there, the dealer has to enter all of those ones and zeros into that newfangled computer thingy while reading them under the light of a seal blubber lamp. So, it could take a while.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Bolt 2LT
24 Posts
update

Just had this done today for my bolt. To clarrify some things. The propulsion control module update that had to be done cannot be done OTA. I watched the guy preform both installs today and one was done useing the OBD port. The radio control update changeing the infotainment version to 14.5.0. Most of the changes as far as the infotainment are concerned are purely cosmetic and stability issues with the software. This is gonna be most noticeable to Android Auto users who have as of yet not recived the 14.4.2 update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question about Update to 14.5.0

Just had this done today for my bolt. To clarrify some things. The propulsion control module update that had to be done cannot be done OTA. I watched the guy preform both installs today and one was done useing the OBD port. The radio control update changeing the infotainment version to 14.5.0. Most of the changes as far as the infotainment are concerned are purely cosmetic and stability issues with the software. This is gonna be most noticeable to Android Auto users who have as of yet not recived the 14.4.2 update.
The email I received about this says it will "also remove certain video playback functionality". I can't find anyone who can give me the details of this. I use the video playback at car shows (I love showing off my Bolt!). I can understand if they remove the ability to play video files while the car is in motion, but I'm hoping I can still play videos in Park. Can anyone determine this for me? Just load a standard definition video on a USB stick and see if you can see it and play it with Gallery.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
The email I received about this says it will "also remove certain video playback functionality". I can't find anyone who can give me the details of this. I use the video playback at car shows (I love showing off my Bolt!). I can understand if they remove the ability to play video files while the car is in motion, but I'm hoping I can still play videos in Park. Can anyone determine this for me? Just load a standard definition video on a USB stick and see if you can see it and play it with Gallery.
Thanks!

@Sevenfeet tested. A no go. http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/385986-post21.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts