Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put down a deposit for a White LT with both convenience and confidence packages. The sales guy says if I get any pkg I have to get the other as well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot, I ordered it with the DC fast charging hardware.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Put down a deposit for a White LT with both convenience and confidence packages. The sales guy says if I get any pkg I have to get the other as well.
Not entirely true, but might be the dealers policy or a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge by the salesperson (There is a first time for everything:laugh:) - The Comfort and Convenience package can be ordered by itself.
However, the Confidence I package does require that you also order the Comfort & Convenience.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So 2016 is gone.

I had hoped for delivery in 2016 so I can claim the tax credits.

I'm in a complete communications blackout with the dealer. Near Christmas I used FaceBook Message to reach out to the dealer. 1st response was "I'll check on it". 2nd response a couple of weeks later was "I'll let you know when we know".

Then last week while surfing late at night, I was able to see a Bolt with VIN in my exact configuration on the Sierra Chevrolet online inventory. I wake up the next day and was ready to contact the dealership about "my car", but the page was no longer visible.

With the 2016 tax credits gone, every week that goes by the novelty factor starts to wear off. I'm starting to feel less and less inclined to pay full MSRP for a car that has questionable resale value. My 2015 Leaf is completely upside down on the loan and I feel this may end up being the same deal.

·
Registered
735 Posts
So 2016 is gone.

I had hoped for delivery in 2016 so I can claim the tax credits.

I'm in a complete communications blackout with the dealer. Near Christmas I used FaceBook Message to reach out to the dealer. 1st response was "I'll check on it". 2nd response a couple of weeks later was "I'll let you know when we know".

Then last week while surfing late at night, I was able to see a Bolt with VIN in my exact configuration on the Sierra Chevrolet online inventory. I wake up the next day and was ready to contact the dealership about "my car", but the page was no longer visible.

With the 2016 tax credits gone, every week that goes by the novelty factor starts to wear off. I'm starting to feel less and less inclined to pay full MSRP for a car that has questionable resale value. My 2015 Leaf is completely upside down on the loan and I feel this may end up being the same deal.
From the sounds of what your saying maybe you should buy a Prius :D

Seriously though, those along with many other Toyota`s hold their value well and its a Prius... we all know what to expect.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The Bolt will go upside down on a loan too. No doubt about it. Most cars do. Electric cars seem to be even worse this way. Nobody seems to want somebody else's battery and older tech. I hope that with the Bolt's greater utility it will hold it's value a little longer, but I suspect it will soon be yesterday's news soon too.

Given that you already have a Prius and your making payments on a 1-2 year old LEAF, it seems the financially prudent thing to do would be pass on the Bolt and drive the wheels off the other two cars.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'll decide if and when the car arrives after a test drive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It shows up in inventory because that dealer ordered it, but it's not likely sitting there on the lot. Same thing has happened with several other cars here. They'll call you when it's in, they want to sell it to you! Lots of talk here about leasing vs. buying, and the "up to the max of $7500" vs. the $2500 GM is offering on a lease. Don't expect the Bolt lease to be much under $500/mo if it's a premier, or ~$400+ mo for a LT depending on options, especially if it's the first one arriving there. Also expect that you will know the car at least as well as the salesman. Be sure to critically evaluate front seat comfort before signing, and have any frequent passengers do the same. Hope that helps in your decision.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealer called just now. They accidentally sold my car. The other 2 they have available (because someone backed out) are not in my preferred color. They would even discount it.

I asked what else they have and they will check. Not digging artic blue nor gray. The only other color I would consider is orange.

Either that or await a few more weeks.
P

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a real disappointment, sorry to hear that. When I went to pick up my Bolt yesterday the dealer had an enormous SOLD sign on it, presumably to prevent the same thing from happening. Given what I've read here and my different experiences at dealerships I'm guessing yours won't be the only story like this.

My dealership only had white and silver Bolts on the lot so I can't weigh in on how those colors available to you look IRL. Hope that something works out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry about that I had paid and pre-ordered for a premium Arctic Blue Metallic, but when it arrived at the same time as a Cajun Red LT, I switched immediately to the red, WOW what a classy look the red is, and after waiting 2 months for the Arctic Blue, now I am really glad I got to see and got the red.

BTW I also saved over $5,000 too, for the car of my dreams.

Dealer called just now. They accidentally sold my car. The other 2 they have available (because someone backed out) are not in my preferred color. They would even discount it.

I asked what else they have and they will check. Not digging artic blue nor gray. The only other color I would consider is orange...
P

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts

I asked what else they have and they will check. Not digging artic blue nor gray. The only other color I would consider is orange.

Either that or await a few more weeks.
P
That sucks, but nothing new unfortunately. Been tales of dealers double selling cars, or selling cars reserved by other people for ages.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
How'd you save over $5k?
I think because he ultimately bought an LT when he had set out to buy a loaded Premier. The difference in base pricing plus whatever options he may have wanted can easily add up to $5k.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dealer called during the weekend. Another gray available. I declined. I'll wait for the color I ordered.

At least I'm not invisible to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure who your dealer is but you should be able to go to Rydell and get just about any color you want right off the lot. I even had a pretty good choice at AutoNation in Valencia.

Since your dealer sold your car out from under you I see no reason to give them any loyalty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure who your dealer is but you should be able to go to Rydell and get just about any color you want right off the lot. I even had a pretty good choice at AutoNation in Valencia.

Since your dealer sold your car out from under you I see no reason to give them any loyalty.
You're absolutely right. I gave them one more chance yesterday because I've been reaching out to other dealers. I even gave out 3 different configurations and 2 colors to make it easier. They just don't have what I'm looking for.

Reached out to Camino Real and they had plenty. Went in last night and took delivery on a White Premiere with the two tone lighter gray seats, DC Fast charge, and the Bose infotainment system.

Do I ask for my $500 deposit check back from the other dealership or just get the back to put a stop payment on it?

Anyway as I was getting registered for OnStar inside the car (after signing all the paperwork - of course), I flipped on the digital camera rearview mirror and got a blue screen with a camera icon that has a line through it. Great, 2 minutes in the car and I already broke it. Wished I had checked this before I signed.

·
Registered
735 Posts

I noticed that when dealers doing a swap are owned by the same company everything runs smoothly so that might be what some people had luck in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts