Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Another surprising review from a Tesla fan

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Boltmobile 
#1 ·
#2 ·
He's counting dealer stock Bolts awaiting packs as evidence that they are languishing on lots struggling to find buyers. He's clueless.

My dealership had five 2022 Bolts on the lot when I was there two weeks ago. Four were awaiting packs, so couldn't be sold. One had received a new pack, and had a Sold sign on it. Several on this forum have reported the same thing at their dealerships.

#3 ·
I don't believe in the 4 months supply he was saying either. Unless each dealer is only planning to sell 1 Bolt per month. I had to drive to 3 dealerships and finally verify with one dealership that it was able to sell a Bolt EUV Premier. The only reason I was able to buy it was a customer for this car had cancelled their order. My car sat on the lot for 2 days before I bought it. Every vehicle that was supposedly on the lot were either marked in-transit, stop sale or customer order. Only a rare few are marked as available for sale. The Bolt that was physically on the lot had a stop sale.

I just hope GM isn't just relying on word-of-mouth sales like a Tesla to taut how good their new Bolt is and actually start promoting aggressively like they should.

#12 ·
This is all speculation, I just root for the better picture which is they make a BEV3 Bolt. Regardless, if you combine the Trax and bolt sales in a non-supply starved year, that would be ~150,000 units, there's going to be something from GM in relative Bolt-size in the future. When you look at it from that perspective we're really just rooting for whatever label emerges.

My bet is whatever the Bolt replacement winds up being either gets released first as a Buick or simultaneously.

#14 ·
I did a 150 mile search for a Bolt EUV in my area. All are either "IN TRANSIT" or "can't be sold at this time". I couldn't find one to even test drive. :( Although I don't understand why the cars that can't be sold can't be used for test drives. Assuming it is only for battery replacements.

#17 ·
Lots of these guys are using that data for length of time Bolts are sitting unsold on dealers lots to put down the Bolt without getting the whole story of why they are sitting there. They assume because nobody wants to buy them. Which is a totally false assumption.

#18 ·
IMO it's just typical marketing practices in the era in which we live. Look at reviews of many new products and there are lots of folks out there talking up one flaw or another. I see this across a very wide range of products. Many of the ones I have personal experience with and have to wonder what are they talking about. It's all about tearing down the competition. It would be very interesting to see who is behind many of these "reviews", probably marketing organizations for competitors.

As for the original review, missed many facts so is anything they say worth believing?

As for GM marketing hahahahahahahaha! They are good at selling expensive large pickups and SUVs. They had a fantastic car in the Volt and did absolutely nothing to market it. A bit more with the Bolt but again no marketing. As far as I'm concerned I expect them to abandon the Bolt and pretty much every other inexpensive vehicle. I see a desire to compete from Ford but not GM. Recently read about their plans to "bridge" to the EVs by building even more expensive models. Pretty soon production will surpass buyers and then it sellers market will end - always does and ouch not the time to be selling.

#19 ·
This is how I got mine, I combed all the dealerships within 150 miles and did my diligence on who would sell at MSRP, and honor the GM rebate instead of keeping it all for themselves. That whittled me down to 3 dealers and out of the 3, I got one to assign one in transit to me. Within 2 weeks it was mine. Don't wait for the "in transit" ones to arrive, work the dealers to get one reserved for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.