Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I scored what I think it s a pretty good deal on a Clipper Creek HCS-40 on a local online classifieds site. It was $350 and has never been touched (all in original box and wrappers) but it was originally purchased in 2016. My question is mostly out of curiosity. Does anybody know if there any differences in their EVSEs by year manufactured? Like is there any features in newer ones that I wouldn't have in my 2016 version? I know they are kind of known for being no-frills and they look exactly the same as what they sell now so I assume not, but I'm just curious.

Also, should I be happy with that price? I guess it's out of warranty, but still seemed like a great deal to me.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt built June 10th. 66kWh battery?
23 Posts
That is a great deal!
I paid $589 (plus $71 shipping) for mine in January (2020), it was the version with the NEMA 14-50 plug, which is a little more expensive. However, I ended up hard-wiring it anyway, so mine will also no doubt be out of warranty. (The plug is on a wire that is much too short to be useful for outdoor installations or at RV parks...)

My 2020 model is no-frills- it has a 25' cord, and four lights on the front to indicate power, charging, charging fault, and power fault. It came with a holster that attaches to the wall. It delivers a full 32 amps at 240 volts as stated (as long as the battery is not too full, or cold, and the unit is wired properly).

It was months before I installed mine. I can imagine someone purchasing one then never installing it because that can be time-consuming and expensive depending on where you want to install it and how your house is wired.
Be Happy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the validation :) So far it's working perfectly so I'm not too worried about it being out of warranty. It also seems like they haven't changed much if anything on these over the years (at least that I have been able to find) so I think it worked out great for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts