Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a BOLT in NY and there is an aweful lot of smoke and mirrors going on for these leases.
Does anyone know a NY dealer new Dutchess County NY (give or take an hour or two) that will cut through
all the BS?

I'm a learned reader from lease hackr forums so I know my stuff. PS you should NEVER put a down
payment on a lease!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Are you willing to travel outside of Dutchess County for a Bolt? I'm sure there's a few members here who has purchased a Bolt from a honest NY Chevy dealership, but it may not be in your county.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ I was able to get the exact "internet price" as advertised at Chevrolet 112 out in Medford (mid Suffolk County) on Long Island.

I purchased outright vs. leased.

You should be able to drive a fully charged Bolt from Medford L.I. to Dutchess County as it's 150mi or so...

·
Registered
735 Posts
I guess some dealers forgot about their competition also being on the web but its easy to see why some might push hard on the initial purchase, not like back in the day where returning for service frequently to the same dealer was an incentive for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know about leases, but I purchased my Bolt at Adirondack Chevrolet in Elizabethtown NY in May and they gave me the best deal (by far) from any dealership I was viewing (or visited) in MA, NH or upstate NY. My own state (VT) wasn't selling the Bolt at the time, but since Elizabethtown was about an hour's drive from my home it worked out nicely. They're great with customer service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In RI they are offering zero down/250 a month on a lease. That should give you something to compare... Masse Chevy has their inventory of bolts online.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for a BOLT in NY and there is an aweful lot of smoke and mirrors going on for these leases.
Does anyone know a NY dealer new Dutchess County NY (give or take an hour or two) that will cut through
all the BS?

I'm a learned reader from lease hackr forums so I know my stuff. PS you should NEVER put a down
payment on a lease!

We just bought a Bolt from Romeo Chevrolet in Kingston NY. They have about 20 Bolts on the lot. The lease transaction was straightforward.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We just bought a Bolt from Romeo Chevrolet in Kingston NY. They have about 20 Bolts on the lot. The lease transaction was straightforward.

that's funny I was just up in that area today for something else but they were closed but I looked around.
Saw 2 bolts and a ton of volts.

May I ask about the the lease details please? I'm a dum dum in this area.
Who was your salesman?

ty vm:nerd:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you willing to travel outside of Dutchess County for a Bolt? I'm sure there's a few members here who has purchased a Bolt from a honest NY Chevy dealership, but it may not be in your county.
Yes I am willing to travel.

Someone mentioned the one in Kingston which is about 30 min from me so at least I have a comparison.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that's funny I was just up in that area today for something else but they were closed but I looked around.
Saw 2 bolts and a ton of volts.

May I ask about the the lease details please? I'm a dum dum in this area.
Who was your salesman?

ty vm:nerd:

Re Kingston dealer ... the Bolts are mostly lined up on the south side of the building. As of last week they had at least one of each trim level, in each color, so more than 14. The salesman was Matt, who is a younger guy. We bought an LT with comfort package and DCFC, which is the most common configuration they have, and we paid $2500 + $280/month for a 3-year 36k mile lease.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re Kingston dealer ... the Bolts are mostly lined up on the south side of the building. As of last week they had at least one of each trim level, in each color, so more than 14. The salesman was Matt, who is a younger guy. We bought an LT with comfort package and DCFC, which is the most common configuration they have, and we paid $2500 + $280/month for a 3-year 36k mile lease.
I was walking around yesterday
http://imgur.com/a/HF8z6

Thanks. I have heard MAtt is the expert in the area. Was the 2500 cash.. or was 2k of that 2500 from the state rebate?

MSRP 39,015
4500 GM lease rebate (as they keep 3k of the 7.5 federal..)
2k NY state rebate
2,245 dealer discount

btw your numbers look high according to their website image.. of course this one has no add-ons like the very popular fast charging and comfort. At 3k down they have the lease at 159 (I'm guessing you had the taxes rolled into the lease..)
http://imgur.com/gKM4EIp

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know about leases, but I purchased my Bolt at Adirondack Chevrolet in Elizabethtown NY in May and they gave me the best deal (by far) from any dealership I was viewing (or visited) in MA, NH or upstate NY. My own state (VT) wasn't selling the Bolt at the time, but since Elizabethtown was about an hour's drive from my home it worked out nicely. They're great with customer service.
Can you share the deal specifics that you got please :)

So we have a baseline

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I have heard MAtt is the expert in the area. Was the 2500 cash.. or was 2k of that 2500 from the state rebate?

MSRP 39,015
4500 GM lease rebate (as they keep 3k of the 7.5 federal..)
2k NY state rebate
2,245 dealer discount

btw your numbers look high according to their website image.. of course this one has no add-ons like the very popular fast charging and comfort. At 3k down they have the lease at 159 (I'm guessing you had the taxes rolled into the lease..)

We paid $2500 cash. The web site deal (which I was not aware of) is for a car with about $1500 lower list price, 30k mile lease vs our 36k, includes a first month payment which ours does not, and does not include taxes. To their credit they always quoted me numbers that included all taxes and fees, with no hidden costs.

You could probably get a better deal than we got if you were a hard nosed negotiator, but we are happy with the cost and the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you share the deal specifics that you got please :)

So we have a baseline
Ok, let's see:
2017 Chevy Bolt EV LT :$36.6K

Additions:

DC Fast Charging
Driver Confidence Pkg
Comfort & Convenience Pkg
Aluminum Sill Plates
Accessory Hitch
False Cargo Floor

$38.5K total (no counting deduction for trade in. Taxes and costs for charging units, 240v plug installation etc = appx $4K). I only financed 30%, over two years at a low rate, the rest I wrote out a check for).

Trade in - Blue Book for a 2003 Impreza Sport Wagon Standard. I don't want to be coy about the price, but it was more than I figured by using the Kelly Blue Book. One other place in NH gave me such a lowball price on my trade-in that the second I heard it I knew there was no deal - even if they gave me 4 times their initial offer - the car was old, but it was still purring and people usually commented on how good it looked. The dealership in Elizabethtown made me a great deal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, let's see:
2017 Chevy Bolt EV LT :$36.6K

Additions:

DC Fast Charging
Driver Confidence Pkg
Comfort & Convenience Pkg
Aluminum Sill Plates
Accessory Hitch
False Cargo Floor

$38.5K total (no counting deduction for trade in. Taxes and costs for charging units, 240v plug installation etc = appx $4K). I only financed 30%, over two years at a low rate, the rest I wrote out a check for).

Trade in - Blue Book for a 2003 Impreza Sport Wagon Standard. I don't want to be coy about the price, but it was more than I figured by using the Kelly Blue Book. One other place in NH gave me such a lowball price on my trade-in that the second I heard it I knew there was no deal - even if they gave me 4 times their initial offer - the car was old, but it was still purring and people usually commented on how good it looked. The dealership in Elizabethtown made me a great deal.
Most ppl say on a lease to DO not put a DP down or even taxes up front because if somethings happens to the car, and your insurance pays it off, you are out the down payment and the upfront taxes you forked out..and now also don't have a car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most ppl say on a lease to DO not put a DP down or even taxes up front because if somethings happens to the car, and your insurance pays it off, you are out the down payment and the upfront taxes you forked out..and now also don't have a car.
This was a purchase. You wanted suggestions on reputable dealerships, though I don't know if they lease.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes that is correct, I was just thinking out loud. If I did have the $ I would certainly purchase.
You are not kidding about the money. The associated costs to buying an EV can be a shock, and the incentives are hit-or-miss. Even with all the homework I did ahead of time I was surprised by the ancillary purchases needed. There's a local deal here (Burlington-area, VT) on a new Nissan Leaf where they give the buyer - I imagine it would have to be a local buyer, because the deal is associated to an electric utility - $10,000, not to mention the federal tax credit. That would help! But the range is low I gather.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are not kidding about the money. The associated costs to buying an EV can be a shock, and the incentives are hit-or-miss. Even with all the homework I did ahead of time I was surprised by the ancillary purchases needed. There's a local deal here (Burlington-area, VT) on a new Nissan Leaf where they give the buyer - I imagine it would have to be a local buyer, because the deal is associated to an electric utility - $10,000, not to mention the federal tax credit. That would help! But the range is low I gather.
The EV is running against Honda FIT 2018 manual lease pricing. If it's much more than the FIT I'll be forced to go with the FIT which I will tell the dealer BUT it seems Chevy has some VERY aggressive BOLT leasing.. its actually much cheaper to lease the BOLT versus other cars.. seems like chevy is taking a cut.. I suspect because Tesla leases for the econo model just came out.

I'm heading up to Kingston soon....

So far are you happy with your purchase? Besides costs, any drawbacks... regrets?
PS congrats on being a pioneer... in the future it would be people like us that volunteer to start a colony on the Moon...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts