Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Bolt LT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to adjust/delay/disable the way RAP activates after shutting the car off? I feel like I'm in a race to see if I can get the door open before my radio comes back on. And, yes, I know I can mute the radio before hitting the Power button, but that's TWO buttons to push and I'm lazy. It's weird to shut the car off then hear music start again just as I reach for the door handle.

The only reference I've found is in the manual, stating "RAP: The following features will operate for up to 10 minutes or until a door is opened: etc.".

·
Registered
315 Posts
I get ready by figuring out what I am taking as I get out, then as soon as I hit the off button I am opening the door.

The old cars had no delay the power just stayed on for 5 minutes, or when you opened the door.

I kind of wish my Miata RF had a system like this because the radio has a delay that seems way too long.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt LT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get ready by figuring out what I am taking as I get out, then as soon as I hit the off button I am opening the door.

The old cars had no delay the power just stayed on for 5 minutes, or when you opened the door.

I kind of wish my Miata RF had a system like this because the radio has a delay that seems way too long.
You made me realize the work-around for this is to break an old habit. When I pulled my previous vehicle (Toyota Tundra) into my garage I didn't want to let it sit idling in a closed room so I'd shut it off immediately, then I'd gather my belongings and exit. But the Bolt just sits there in its polite, non-polluting state of "ON-ness" - there's no rush to turn it off!
I guess I'll have to learn a new exit flow.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You made me realize the work-around for this is to break an old habit. When I pulled my previous vehicle (Toyota Tundra) into my garage I didn't want to let it sit idling in a closed room so I'd shut it off immediately, then I'd gather my belongings and exit. But the Bolt just sits there in its polite, non-polluting state of "ON-ness" - there's no rush to turn it off!
I guess I'll have to learn a new exit flow.
It just gives us new reasons to love the Bolt even more.
Last year at this time I would be eager to park my winter ride so I could drive my new Miata, but I love driving the Bolt I barely drive it these days.

Now that I don't need the heat on it seems to go forever on a charge, that will continue because I am not a fan of air conditioning.

You have power windows to control the temperature of the car, adjusting the height of the windows gives me all the breeze I need if I happen to need AC on a super hot day, OK then I will use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts