Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, thanks for accepting me into this group.
I'm currently keeping my eyes open for next car, although I won't be buying within a year, I want to be prepared in case the Chevy Bolt EV is my next car. Two of my buddies here in the GTA own Chevy Volts and we were lucky enough to obtain media passes for the reveal of the Chevy Bolt at the Canadian International Auto Show here in Toronto.

The Volt doesn't fit my lifestyle at my point of life, but the Bolt would definitely fit for sure!

Although I'm torn between a Golf GTI or Golf R, the case for an EV from purely an economical point of view really intrigues me.

Looking forward to seeing the posts from the initial owners here!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Since you have a media pass, you can sit inside a Bolt before making the final decision and the cash incentives for an EV is going to be hard to pass up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums ! I'm from Toronto as well, the Autoshow is in February I believe ?
You know, I never thought of this. Yes, the show is in February. I tend to skip a year of auto shows these days since there isnt much to see if you go every year. But if the production Bolt will be there, I think I'll definitely head down there this go around.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I as well. Typically it's nothing too much to see, the only time I'll really go is if I've been following a vehicle for a good amount of time, I'll literally go in there to see it specifically, take a few photos here and there and then leave lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm currently keeping my eyes open for next car, although I won't be buying within a year, I want to be prepared in case the Chevy Bolt EV is my next car.

If decision is to go Bolt. Will be a good idea to get it prior to June, 2018. In the event the current governing provincial party loses the election. In which case the generous incentives presently offered might become reduced or eliminated…

·
Registered
979 Posts
Anyone else from Toronto put their deposit down in November?
I would have, as I had advised my dealer in October I was interested in Bolt. He didn’t contact me and I missed out on the scuttlebutt that one could order as early as November. I ended up being #1 on the list in December at a different dealer.

By the time I contacted Dean Myers in December there were too many ahead of me. Spoke to the distribution mgr/systems expert there, a very smart chap.

I wouldn’t be surprised if another “first” delivery took place at Bourgeois Chev north of Montreal. The highest selling EV dealer in Canada by far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts