Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got the black bowties on order to go with my white Bolt, how is it replacing the bowties?
I havent attempted to take the front one off, but the back one is just attached to the glass with 3M tape, so using fishing wire i was able to get it off, maybe heating it up a little with a blow dryer might have made it a bit easier lol.

I opted buying black vinyl in place of buying the actual black bowties.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn't replace mine, but I bought a carbon fiber wrap kit on Amazon, which I had to cut to size and stick on. I spent nearly 2 hours trying to get it right. It looked OK at first, but started to peel off within a few days. I ended up removing it. Others have reported better luck with the wrap kit than I experienced, but I wouldn't recommend it based on my own experiences. I really don't like the look of the gold bowties on my silver metallic Bolt EV. I might try the Plasti Dip next.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
I got the factory black tie kits and the dealer installed them for delivery. They didn't charge additional labor for it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found some front grill pictures on eBay, looks like the front one snaps in. Problem is IIRC it's hard to get in there, don't think I have room to get my hand in.

The first picture is the back side of the Bowtie area which doesn't have it. The second is a different auction for one that does have the Bowtie, you can see how it snaps in.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Thank goodness the gold looks great on Kinetic Blue! I do have a tiny line (crack?) across the front bow. I probably caught a stone. Almost imperceptible, therefore here to stay.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Shingo, how did you get the wrap into the tiny crevices between the gold and silver? I could not get them in even with a thin trim tool for shoving the wrap into the crevice. I ultimately gave up due to weather and just half-arsed it with a black permanent marker (not a Sharpie, which has a purple hue). It looks alright but I'd like to give my vinyl wrap another go when the weather gets better. FYI, I am using this vinyl wrap: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Realistic-Paint-Like-Microfinish-VViViD-Technology/dp/B00FXY7W9U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508719242&sr=8-3&keywords=glossy+black+vinyl+wrap[/ame]

Did you by chance have a thinner wrap? I have no idea how many mils this wrap is but it seemed thin. I think the adhesive was preventing me from getting the wrap into the crevice between the gold and silver.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Boltifosi !

If yer leasin’ one of them red ones.

Git from the gal on nites: 1.) code for the three dee printer in the Sales department, 2.) a tad bit of cola loca.

Then when no one’s watchin, print out yer logo. Stick it on the front of yer red Bolt.

Check the bins behind the Tilley endurables outlet for yer hat.

That’s it yer good to go. It’s no GT4 but nobody knows it’s ‘lectric anyway. So yer good eh. Take ‘er to the races and join up with them teefosi’s !

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts