Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why a lack of postings about the 2022 refreshed Bolt EV. Nobody excited about the refresh? We were excited as we test drove earlier models and loved them just could not get past the seats. Has anyone actually purchased one or thinking about it? Why or why not?
They started showing up here in Phoenix last week and as soon as we saw them show up on Cargurus we confirmed they actually had one in stock to go see. We checked them out this past weekend and wereally liked the refresh. exterior looks much better in person and the interior is very nice now. Almost pulled the trigger on one with a great discount but dealer started playing numbers games so we declined. They gave us their final offer and then we gave them our final offer. Then he said well looks like you won't be getting an electric vehicle today. We said fine and left and headed for home. Then they kept leaving voice messages and texting us to come back. We just ignored them at that point. They took the car off their website later that day so I thought they it sold because it was a great deal at 4200 off (they said it was error but would sell it at that price) but they relisted it today with way less of a discount. I also see on Cargurus more and more Bolts show up at all the dealers around Phoenix and all the ones we saw appear to still be for sale on dealers websites. It makes we wonder how quickly they will be selling the 2022 Bolts EV. I was thinking they would be moving pretty quickly but perhaps the refresh isn't enough to bring out the buyers? Are people waiting on the EUV, waiting for great discounts like on the 2021 Bolts or are people moving on to other EV options?

·
Registered
'19 Bolt Premier; '13 Leaf SV w/premium
1,284 Posts
Just wondering why a lack of postings about the 2022 refreshed Bolt EV. Nobody excited about the refresh? We were excited as we test drove earlier models and loved them just could not get past the seats. Has anyone actually purchased one or thinking about it? Why or why not?
No, because my '19 Bolt that I bought new almost 2.5 years ago still works fine and doesn't even have 15K miles on it. Is mainly due to COVID-19 WFH and partly before due to sometimes driving my (now former) Leaf to keep the miles down on the Bolt.

I don't feel like taking a huge bath to sell my Bolt and spending more $ on another Bolt that has the same DC fast charge speed which is no longer competitive. That would need significant improvement for me to consider paying a bunch of $. There are other factors, as well...

·
Registered
850 Posts
The lease on my 2018 Bolt was due to expire in August so I decided to get another three year lease on a 2022 Bolt EV in Mosaic Black Metallic. Picked it up two days ago (Monday). The refresh is much nicer especially the all black interior which eliminates glare and I like the climate control layout. So far I'm well pleased.

·
Registered
850 Posts
How do you like the updated infotainment system compared to the older model?
I hear its more inline with other GM products now. It is similar to the one in our 2018 base model Cadillac ATS we bought used two years ago. I really like the layout on that one.
Only having the car for two days it's going to take a little while to get used to where everything is located but I think it will be easier to navigate the options.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Local dealer has 4, they've been there for a couple of weeks now. Not an instant seller I guess. I test drove one of them. Not enough new or improved over my 17 to consider using $s on a swap. I've also got an extended warranty so I'm good for 7/70.
Savvy EV buyers by now have heard that the tax credit (and a big one at that) may well return. A big reason to stand pat and await further developments.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Local dealer has 4, they've been there for a couple of weeks now. Not an instant seller I guess. I test drove one of them. Not enough new or improved over my 17 to consider using $s on a swap. I've also got an extended warranty so I'm good for 7/70.
Savvy EV buyers by now have heard that the tax credit (and a big one at that) may well return. A big reason to stand pat and await further developments.
My dealer has three in red, black and white but they are only for display and test drives AFAIK. The one I wanted had just arrived the day before and still had the protective covering so I was able to make the deal on Friday and pick it up on Monday. I believe I was the second person to buy the 2022 from that dealership.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier
123 Posts
I will not buy one because of the charging limitations, love the look and the interior looks much nicer.
An ID4 will be replacing the Bolt at the end of the year or once I hit 100k miles , whichever comes first.
55kw is not fun anymore. Love the new front end though

·
Premium Member
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
92 Posts
They started showing up here in Phoenix last week and as soon as we saw them show up on Cargurus we confirmed they actually had one in stock to go see. We checked them out this past weekend and wereally liked the refresh. exterior looks much better in person and the interior is very nice now. Almost pulled the trigger on one with a great discount but dealer started playing numbers games so we declined. They gave us their final offer and then we gave them our final offer. Then he said well looks like you won't be getting an electric vehicle today. We said fine and left and headed for home. Then they kept leaving voice messages and texting us to come back. We just ignored them at that point. They took the car off their website later that day so I thought they it sold because it was a great deal at 4200 off (they said it was error but would sell it at that price) but they relisted it today with way less of a discount. I also see on Cargurus more and more Bolts show up at all the dealers around Phoenix and all the ones we saw appear to still be for sale on dealers websites. It makes we wonder how quickly they will be selling the 2022 Bolts EV. I was thinking they would be moving pretty quickly but perhaps the refresh isn't enough to bring out the buyers? Are people waiting on the EUV, waiting for great discounts like on the 2021 Bolts or are people moving on to other EV options?
GM is giving such high rebates to buy leftover 2021 bolts so they can make room for the 2022's its better to get a 2021
There reallly isn't any incentives to get a 2022

·
Registered
18 Posts
The looks of the new 2022 Bolt EV, not EUV, doesn't appeal to me. Not sure who designs these things but the looks of the EV was not an upgrade

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will not buy one because of the charging limitations, love the look and the interior looks much nicer.
An ID4 will be replacing the Bolt at the end of the year or once I hit 100k miles , whichever comes first.
55kw is not fun anymore. Love the new front end though
If the ID.4 was as cheap as what I paid for my Bolt I would have bought it. The Bolt is just an economy EV that does the job

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ditto on the differences in performance and appearance not being a large enough leap forward to make it worth the much higher price for a 2022 vs. the recent blow out pricing on a 2021 (with incentives). If they were the same price I would pick a 2022 but they are at least $10K apart right now.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
84 Posts
I think everyone who really wanted a Bolt this year took advantage of the fire sale this past Spring on the outgoing models. I know I did! Another poster made a good point about potential new tax incentives debuting down the road. Plus, there are a LOT of new EVs debuting this year, and the refreshed model doesn’t exactly stack up against the competition. But once the dust settles, I think sales will pick up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think everyone who really wanted a Bolt this year took advantage of the fire sale this past Spring on the outgoing models. I know I did! Another poster made a good point about potential new tax incentives debuting down the road. Plus, there are a LOT of new EVs debuting this year, and the refreshed model doesn’t exactly stack up against the competition. But once the dust settles, I think sales will pick up.
I agree with you. I was going to buy a used car and the prices on those this year were around 20K when I saw the big sale on the bolt. I wanted an EV for a while but at high 30's there was no way I was buying one. Would like better seats and a adaptive cruise and a more stylish look but everything else is pretty great.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier
123 Posts
If the ID.4 was as cheap as what I paid for my Bolt I would have bought it. The Bolt is just an economy EV that does the job
Agreed , the Bolt is a great car indeed and it does almost everything well, I travel a lot for work and although I can live with the charging curve is becoming an issue , since I stared driving the e-tron I got used to the ultra fast charging stops and be on my merry way the Audi is amazing when it comes to charging , even at 95% sometimes I see 79kw still , I’ve seen 50kw in my Bolt a handful of times , in the summer lol, not fun , the ID4 has a very decent charging curve as well. With the tax credit and NY 2k pos discount, a base ID4 becomes a great deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed , the Bolt is a great car indeed and it does almost everything well, I travel a lot for work and although I can live with the charging curve is becoming an issue , since I stared driving the e-tron I got used to the ultra fast charging stops and be on my merry way the Audi is amazing when it comes to charging , even at 95% sometimes I see 79kw still , I’ve seen 50kw in my Bolt a handful of times , in the summer lol, not fun , the ID4 has a very decent charging curve as well. With the tax credit and NY 2k pos discount, a base ID4 becomes a great deal.
Audi is a great driving machines. They are pure luxury and comfort and handling. The VW should be nice as well. Maybe you should look at the Cadillac LYRIQ. They should be nice.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts