Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was logged into My Chevrolet (I generally use it daily to precondition the climate/remote start), but when I opened it, it said it needed to be updated, and wouldn't work otherwise. Clicked to update..... but no update is available.... Anyone else have this issue? Android

Reactions: NorBC_Bolt

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's interesting. Since getting a new phone, I can't get MyChevrolet to work right when tethered via Android Auto but it still works fine "standalone". I used it tonight to change the charge departure time via keypass. As a software developer, I have to say the whole program leaves a lot to be desired...sadly.

·
991 Posts
That's interesting. Since getting a new phone, I can't get MyChevrolet to work right when tethered via Android Auto but it still works fine "standalone". I used it tonight to change the charge departure time via keypass. As a software developer, I have to say the whole program leaves a lot to be desired...sadly.
The presentation this week at CES suggests a new myChevrolet app is in the works. There is hope???

·
Registered
692 Posts
Same problem here. It looks like they messed up. Here is the update information:
We update our app regularly to add new features and improve performance. We’ve added the following feature in this release:
Family Sharing: You can invite Family Members to share access to your connected vehicle to monitor, maintain and use features like remotely unlocking and starting your vehicle, viewing vehicle health and location information, and more. You can share vehicles with up to 8 Members. Learn more by visiting your "Account" in the mobile app.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The presentation this week at CES suggests a new myChevrolet app is in the works. There is hope???
I think they are calling it the "Ultify" App. Just from a branding perspective, it makes sense to bring all GM EV owners under the same app. There was a GM rep on here doing research not that long ago... Obviously, they were bombarded with complaints and unproductive comments, but I believe they had a number of positive takeaways. If they implement even half of the suggestions, the next app should be very, very good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm using an iPhone6, and have noticed that the app may or may not work when WiFi is activated. It works much better with WiFi "off".

I'd really like to see audible feedback for all "keypresses", not just when entering the PIN. There's usually quite a bit of delay when hitting the "Precondtion" button, leading me to wonder if it "took" or not.

It was the same with my 2017 as it is with the 2020.

·
Registered
2020 Premier
9 Posts
I got this reply from the app devs:

"Please be sure your mobile device is operating on Android 9.0 or newer "

It isn't but the app has been working fine for months. I sent them a bunch of info I'll post any replies.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I got this reply from the app devs:

"Please be sure your mobile device is operating on Android 9.0 or newer "

It isn't but the app has been working fine for months. I sent them a bunch of info I'll post any replies.
I'm on 7.1.1 Does that mean my MyChevy app will no longer work?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on 7.1.1 Does that mean my MyChevy app will no longer work?
Unfortunately that seems to be the case (thank you @dah for sharing this first). I received this several hours ago:

Developer response:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Since the latest version of the app no longer supports Android operating systems (OS) lower than version 9, we recommend checking for system updates by going to Settings > System > Advanced >System update.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Unfortunately that seems to be the case (thank you @dah for sharing this first). I received this several hours ago:

Developer response:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Since the latest version of the app no longer supports Android operating systems (OS) lower than version 9, we recommend checking for system updates by going to Settings > System > Advanced >System update.
Tried that, but unfortunately my phone is already up to date. Looks like I either do without the convenience of the MyChevy app or I get a new phone. Planned obsolescence!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mine too. We're in the same boat.
Sinking!
I'll have to decide if I really need MyChevy app or not. I'll be looking at a replacement phone on eBay to determine if it's worth spending the money. What are you going to do?

·
Registered
2020 Premier
9 Posts
We're hosed: "Thanks for following up with our team here, Dave. As of the latest version, the myChevrolet app no longer supports Android operating systems lower than version 9. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know."

That's pretty ... narrow minded of them.

The wife has an iphone and it still works there so I guess she's in charge now. And the key fob still works for preconditioning.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That's not good, however I suspect it could be security related with the new features added. You can now link accounts with EVGo for example, and there is a "family share" option to allow family members to have individual accounts and access the same vehicle. I am a frugal person and typically purchase a good mid range phone every couple of years that get's Android security updates, as I use my phone for business the risk of using out dated software is not worth it for me. The new Moto G power (2021) is out and that starts at $200. You get Android 10, with upgrade to 11, and at least two years of security updates...

·
Registered
2020 Premier
9 Posts
Maybe, but I've got ~30 apps, most with logins and they all still work and get updated without any problems. So you have to wonder is the mychev app somehow special or (comments about caring and competence suppressed).

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
...as of the latest version, the myChevrolet app no longer supports Android operating systems lower than version 9.
So I have to buy a new phone to replace the one I bought new just 3 years ago? Talk about planned obsolescence.

Oh well, now at least I've got a bulletproof excuse to refuse the inevitable hard sell I'll get when my free connectivity expires.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts