Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed in other threads. I looked briefly, but didn't see anyone mention this. Anyhow, after receiving the "final remedy" recall update, my Bolt is not auto locking anymore. I know this option can't be enabled/disabled in the settings. It's just always an enabled "feature", correct?

But yeah, for some reason, my car never locks now. I have to manually lock it or hit the fob button. Anybody else experience the same thing?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,205 Posts
Actually, there are settings for the auto-lock feature:
Home -> Apps (icon with 4 colored circles) -> Settings -> Vehicle -> Power Door Locks and Remote Lock / Unlock / Start settings. In the Owner's Manual, it's in the Instruments and Controls section, under Vehicle Personalization.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use Auto Lock and it still works - I've noticed that recently, the GPS/Location based setting for 12amp vs 8amp is now working as well. As mentioned previously, the setting is there - most likely they reset all your preferences

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, there are settings for the auto-lock feature:
Home -> Apps (icon with 4 colored circles) -> Settings -> Vehicle -> Power Door Locks and Remote Lock / Unlock / Start settings. In the Owner's Manual, it's in the Instruments and Controls section, under Vehicle Personalization.
Hmmm. I checked there the other day. I'll check again. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Derf! This does work. And it is in the settings. Passive door lock is the setting. But I swear I've had that off since owning my car for over two years and it would still auto lock. Maybe that never worked before the update or something. LOL. Because I sometimes wanted to disable it in the past.

Anyways, thank you both for your replies!

This thread can be deleted.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Derf! This does work. And it is in the settings. Passive door lock is the setting. But I swear I've had that off since owning my car for over two years and it would still auto lock.
I think it's not all that unusual for some settings to get reset when the car's software gets updated. If the car's behaviour changes then the settings are the first place to look.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's not all that unusual for some settings to get reset when the car's software gets updated. If the car's behaviour changes then the settings are the first place to look.
Right. I understand that. Everything was reset. However, I could never turn off auto lock in the past. I swear it! I'm second guessing myself now, so who the heck knows.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
9 Posts
Right. I understand that. Everything was reset. However, I could never turn off auto lock in the past. I swear it! I'm second guessing myself now, so who the heck knows.
I had this happen as well. It was driving me crazy as I would always forget to lock the car. It was definitely reset by the update. Thanks for this as mine is working again too.

·
Premium Member
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
176 Posts
I had this happen as well. It was driving me crazy as I would always forget to lock the car. It was definitely reset by the update. Thanks for this as mine is working again too.
I use the auto lock feature all the time
It usually works about 10 seconds after I walk away from my car
It clicks and flashes the lights

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had recall 2 completed yesterday, and came here to make a reminder about all your car side settings being reset during the recall update. I noticed my car doors were not locking or unlocking as they normally did before the service. (My wife probably left the car unlocked all night, cause she doesn't pay attention. ) I'll go through all the settings after work and set them up as I like them, but here's a reminder for anyone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts