Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Our dealer has two new 2022 Bolts sitting since the 2022 model was introduced. They are "on hold" They are both sitting like this for many months now. Would you want any of the modules in these Bolts?

View attachment 38769
They all look fine, to be honest. I heard spec to worry is 0.08, not 0.004. So yeah I'll take 'em all :) unless I'm missing something here

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
2,322 Posts
They all look fine, to be honest. I heard spec to worry is 0.08, not 0.004. So yeah I'll take 'em all :) unless I'm missing something here
It's not about fire risk, it's about premature degradation because the battery is sitting for a long time at a low state of charge.

I'm not sure 15% is low enough to worry about, however. If it were less than 5%, I might skip it.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if there’s been any clarification on whether they’ve only been swapping out defective modules, or if they’ve been swapping them all out for 2020+ models.

If the latter is the case, I’m going to run this battery as long as possible before the warranty clock is reset😆
My dealer's service manager said that he expected they would start replacing the 2020 battery modules ( all modules in each 2020) starting in January. Currently replacing 2 battery packs per week.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
My dealer's service manager said that he expected they would start replacing the 2020 battery modules ( all modules in each 2020) starting in January. Currently replacing 2 battery packs per week.
That is wat faster than anyone would have guessed. I really think GM has added a station/method to check for good cells from manufactured cells... so that would include being able to check already manufactured cells.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if there’s been any clarification on whether they’ve only been swapping out defective modules, or if they’ve been swapping them all out for 2020+ models.

If the latter is the case, I’m going to run this battery as long as possible before the warranty clock is reset😆

I got my battery replaced about a month ago. I'm going to sell it now. Does it increase the value?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is wat faster than anyone would have guessed. I really think GM has added a station/method to check for good cells from manufactured cells... so that would include being able to check already manufactured cells.
I got my battery replaced about a month ago. I'm going to sell it now. Does it increase the value?

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
I doubt it will raise the price that much. Everyone ought to know they can get a battery replaced.
Yeah, I agree. It should be worth more than it was a few months ago when there was still a lot of uncertainty about what was going to happen. But right now every Bolt is one that either has a new battery or is going to get a new battery, so the big differences between them will be the normal ones of mileage and wear & tear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just got my battery replaced haven't picked it up yet but in the app it says my battery is fully charged at 265 miles nice
So picked up my car and drove home 50 miles plugged in and charged overnight fully charged to 272 miles range and it is under 40 degrees outside. I would have never gotten that kind of range on the old battery pack at that temp. I would have expected full charge would be around 170 at the temperature. Very pleased with the new pack

·
Registered
5 Posts
So picked up my car and drove home 50 miles plugged in and charged overnight fully charged to 272 miles range and it is under 40 degrees outside. I would have never gotten that kind of range on the old battery pack at that temp. I would have expected full charge would be around 170 at the temperature. Very pleased with the new pack
Motor vehicle Vehicle Gauge Steering part Automotive design

21 - 35 of 35 Posts