Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

An Apple mule was spotted testing, and now the internet is running rampant with speculation as to what exactly Apple has in the works.

Steve Zadesky, vice president of iPhone product design, is leading the secretive project. Apple has many projects like this one, but they don't all make it to a production status.

The project is called Titan, and it looks like a minivan. Apple has already developed some technology that may lend itself to an electric vehicle. Battery technology used in iPads, iPhones and Macs can all be used for EVs. IIt also has a mapping and navigation system in use since 2012 (though worse than Google's) and a CarPlay system that integrates iTunes, mapping, messaging and other applications.

Apparently an Apple car was discussed even before the iPhone was put on the market in 2007. Former CEO Steve Jobs was a supporter of the idea in 2012.

Apple has been trying to poach Tesla employees offering them $250,000 signing bonuses and 60 salary increases. That's a deal I would have a hard time passing up. They've actually recruited only a few people though.

We will have to wait and see, but it seems that the EV market is getting more and more competitive, which can only spell good things for consumers in the future.

·
Registered
639 Posts
How an Apple car would look is what will be interesting, i can't even begin to think what it's going to be like. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

·
Registered
786 Posts
If Apple began selling their own "iCar", it would be made by Foxcomm or a partner in China, have exclusinve parts and accessories only sold at their stores/dealers, use a different power/data connector system based on "Lightning", sealed (non-replaceable) battery packs, and if your iCar fails, you can only pay for a replacement!

I am a GM fan and owner since 1975 and I will not buy any Apple products. I stll prefer the Chevrolet EVs (Volt, Spark EV and Bolt), and any future Evs that GM will produce by the time Apple has their first iCar.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How an Apple car would look is what will be interesting, i can't even begin to think what it's going to be like. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
I looked up Apple car on Google and there are some really cool concepts. Take a look.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The reason I think Apple is having difficulty poaching established EV engineers is that WHAT DOES APPLE KNOW ABOUT BUILDING CARS....

What do any of their suppliers know about building cars... where will the factory be located...Apple needs to be careful they don't reach beyond their core competencies... and for what? To battle google headlines in the news cycle between iGadget launches?

SERIOUSLY...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts