Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else having intermittent CarPlay problems? Mine works 50% of the time. Sometimes it won't work at all. Sometimes cuts off after working well. Sometimes connects as an iPod instead of CarPlay. Tried different cords. Tried different phones. Tried restarting phone. Performed a hard reset. Nothing works. It's almost as if both of the USB ports are loose. Help!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agreed, keep your phone updated and use a good cable. Just about update time my phone tends to start not connecting to non-apple equipment.

Now if they could only fix apple friggen maps to be so smart. I swear I'm considering switch to an android phone so I can easily use google maps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have an issue with audio volume when I run DIRECTV-now. I have to start the app and get synced on a station before I plug in the cable or I get no audio. I think this is an issue with the app and not CarPlay.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Every now and then it crashes my iPhone and I have to wait for it to do a restart. Yesterday it did it twice in a row. Real pain when it does this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having this issue on my 2018 Bolt. I use a good cable with my iPhone XR. Sometimes it works, but soon after starting with carplay it turns my phone into an iPod. Has anyone solved this? When you say that you restart, do you mean that you restart your phone or the car's infotainment?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have not had any difficulties at all but I only use CarPlay for Apple Maps (GPS guidance). I am using the shortest genuine Apple cable (0.5 m). Had an iPhone 5s and now have an iPhone 7. Bolt is 2017.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The way I see it, the issue lies mostly in the cable. Even a 'good' cable can be erratic. Either use a genuine Apple cable or go through some 3rd party cables to find one that plays nicely.

Once, I used a cable that worked okay for about a month before it started acting up. Initially, I could get the connection to work again after "rebooting" the car (i.e. stop, turn off, open door, close door, turn on). But then the issue got progressively worse and it became highly unreliable. Eventually, I bought a different cable and things were solid since. Neither cable were Apple ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts