Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Apple Carplay seems to have stopped working. I plug the phone into an Apple cord and now Carplay doesn't automatically launch as before. Nor does it launch any other way. I played with/check my various phone settings, did a hard restart on the phone, upgraded to iOS 11.2 (from 11.1.2) and none of that worked. I also tried two other iPhones - nothing.

I'm moving to believe it is the Bolt. I did a restart on the dash (home button with the one above it) and that didn't help. I've had the car since January and haven't had any software upgrades done. But this is weird as it doesn't seem related to any changes in the phone iOS.

Ideas? Tx.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I updated to 11.2 and CarPlay seems to be working fine. Maybe try a different cord?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Many non-Apple cords are iffy. They'll charge your phone but stumble when it comes to passing data. Try an Apple authorized cord and see if that helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I updated my iPhone to 11.2 and Carplay stopped working.

It seems as Apple did an IOS update and rebooted the phone, but the Carplay app didn't launch until I physically turned the phone back off and on again.

Now Carplay is working with no issues. Except I am unhappy with Maps. Really wish it would show me the available destination points on the map instead of listing them. How do I tell Siri I want directions to the fourth listing?

Also, try to have Siri search phone "The Tire Store". She hears the word "Tire" and assumes you want to do something with the vehicle. Too funny. After a dozen tries, I gave up.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Now Carplay is working with no issues. Except I am unhappy with Maps. Really wish it would show me the available destination points on the map instead of listing them. How do I tell Siri I want directions to the fourth listing?
I don't know if Apple Maps works this way, but with Google Maps you just press the appropriate item in the list and it will start navigating with that item as the destination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts