Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed with 2 phones plugged in the front usb I am not sure how you select which phone is connected to apple carplay. Can someone smarter than I explain this to me? I have just been asking the person in shotgun seat to if I can unplug them, which is kinda embarrassing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I noticed with 2 phones plugged in the front usb I am not sure how you select which phone is connected to apple carplay. Can someone smarter than I explain this to me? I have just been asking the person in shotgun seat to if I can unplug them, which is kinda embarrassing.

I had this same issue with my wifes phone, I think I turned off USB auto launch and since my phone is connected to my car via bluetooth it is still smart enough to let carplay run and not run hers.

I will have to check later in my car to confirm that I have this setting off, but I'm pretty sure that is what i turned off to stop hers from connecting instead of mine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In my experience, it seems to be that the first phone connected (and capable of carplay or android auto) gets connected. A second phone just gets connected like an Ipod (I've seen this myself). I have used carplay on one phone and played music from the other at the same time if anyone is curious.

·
Registered
544 Posts
In my experience, it seems to be that the first phone connected (and capable of carplay or android auto) gets connected. A second phone just gets connected like an Ipod (I've seen this myself). I have used carplay on one phone and played music from the other at the same time if anyone is curious.
Yeah, I assume that is why turning off USB auto launch works for me, I did check my settings and confirmed it is off.

Still lets Carplay connect for me without any extra input though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts