Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Apple has hired a former Chrysler executive, and this has obviously stoked rumors of Apple getting into the auto manufacturing business.

The exec's name is Doug Betts, and he served as Chrysler's quality chief for more than five years. He resigned in October, and earlier this month he joined Apple.

Interestingly, Betts is believed to have been ousted from his post at FCA after the company tangled with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration over its handling of several recalls. His departure also followed on the heels of a Consumer Reports quality survey that placed FCA brands at or near the bottom of the ranks.
This is only one of many auto employees being hired by Apple. Apple has also hired at least 150 former Tesla Motors employees, and core staff from battery maker A123 Systems.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/apple-hires-former-chrysler-manufacturing-exec-89143.html

·
Registered
639 Posts
That's a good move for them to pull hiring those that come from the sort of background they need. Plus Apple apparently has a lot of money stashed away, enough to make some high quality hires for specific ventures.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Seen that coming, there's no way Apple would spend the money required to develop a vehicle from the ground up depending on themselves alone. Something which many car makers have been doing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look slike there will just be platorm sharing. I am guessing that means the Apple car will be electric, and I also am guessing that means BMW will likely be happy to have Apple Car Play in their vehicles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not sure if I want to drive around in a car designed by Apple as I despise their iOS operating system. There is a reason why more and more people are moving to Andriod but if they do produce a car the main consumer base will be the die hard Apple fans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts