Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using my iPhone MapQuest application for navigation. I find the volume of the instructions for driving to be very low in comparison to the music playing on the radio. Is there a way to increase the occasional driving instructions without dramatically increasing the overall volume of the music I am listening to? I have tried increasing the volume on the iPhone but nothing happens. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Manny

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have my Settings volume for Navigation set to Loud, but the navigation voice instructions are still below audible. The Apple store folks said that the volume button in the Bolt needs to be adjusted while CarPlay is giving instructions. Basically, drive in the wrong direction, so the Nav keeps giving instructions, so you have several chances to adjust the volume. My BMW with factory Nav has the same “feature”. Will report back once I test these instructions.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The Apple store folks said that the volume button in the Bolt needs to be adjusted while CarPlay is giving instructions. Basically, drive in the wrong direction, so the Nav keeps giving instructions, so you have several chances to adjust the volume.
I can't speak for CarPlay, for for Android Auto a far easier solution is to just ask "OK Google ... what's the weather?" so that you can adjust the volume as the Google Assistant replies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW I find that the volume from Apple carplay is much lower in all situations - like playing music too. So when I switch back to radio - suddenly the volume is way too loud.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
FWIW I find that the volume from Apple carplay is much lower in all situations - like playing music too. So when I switch back to radio - suddenly the volume is way too loud.
The infotainment system remembers the volume settings for each input. If you find that the Apple Carplay volume is too low then use the car's volume knob to increase the volume as CarPlay is actually speaking something.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I find it helps if I unplug the phone, manually raise the phone's volume all the way with its buttons, then plug back in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts