Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is what I texted back to my sales guy when he texted me and said my Bolt was at the dealership and ready for pickup!!!
That can't be right, I thought, because just this morning I was online with GM.ca and they said it was built, awaiting transport to the dealership. They must have drove it right from the assembly line onto the truck and drove it right to the dealership!! Bypassing the holding yard all together!! Woo Hoo!

So that is great news! Of course I can't pick it up until Monday but I think Monday is going to be a pretty great day for a change! LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's awesome! Picking it up Monday means the dealer has plenty of time to make sure it's got a full charge for you ;) PS nice color!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When did you place the order and when was your build week wainair
I placed my order on Feb 22 and my build week was May 29! So yeah it was built last week. Can't get much more factory fresh than that!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Check to make sure the paint is dry !:p

Next week don't worry about your score on climate controls. The AC will get a good test given Monday's forecast high temperature of 32C almost 90F. Enjoy it !

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations! Glad you didn't have to endure any waiting woes like many others have. Good luck trying to get any sleep Sunday night ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At 32°c the paint will get baked on!! The ac will definitely get tested! LoL

I do like my blues. I love the cajun red but the last red car I had nearly killed me with the speeding tickets! I don't? care what they say, police pull over red cars more( it might be a subconscious thing). Since I went to under the radar blue I haven't had a ticket ( knock wood)!

There definitely won't be any sleeping Sunday night! LoL

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Lol I think that was brought up somewhere on here that red cars get pulled over more often and whether or not it's superstition or not. Sometimes I believe it, sometimes I don't... typically for me it's kind of hard to determine as I'm a ... spirited driver... (in safe conditions of course)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I think that was brought up somewhere on here that red cars get pulled over more often and whether or not it's superstition or not. Sometimes I believe it, sometimes I don't... typically for me it's kind of hard to determine as I'm a ... spirited driver... (in safe conditions of course)
Oh yes Electro, I'm confident it's true even if the police don't think they do! I had a red and white mini Cooper when they first came to North America and in the span of 2 years I went from having no tickets on my record to having to go to court to convince the judge that I should keep my license! All low point speeding tickets. Every time I passed a cop car with the mini they would do a u-turn and follow me even if I wasn't speeding!

Then I got a dark blue smart fortwo. I drove that car like a loon. Sped everywhere (sorry I had a lead foot) and the police wouldn't even bat an eye at me. It was crazy. It is like they are blind to dark blue!

So when I got my Volt I got the topaz blue and learned to drive the speed limit to extend my battery range. Now I don't have to worry about speeding tickets, and I haven't got one since I sold the mini in 2006!

I just hope with all this extra range in the Bolt my lead foot doesn't come back now that I don't have to conserve my range! LoL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, good looking Bolt! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I heard that GM was ramping up production and opening orders nationwide as of June 1st. Could be why people are getting their cars so fast from factory to dealership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts