Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
H3ll yeah! It is an unique and excellent vehicle and I would drive it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks retro... It's a 1980s video game polygon-shaped truck. Guess the designers didn't have the compute to design or render higher resolution smoother designs.

EDIT: Someone should make a back-to-the-future fake scene of "the future" in the movie with one of those Cybertrucks in the background. Totally would fit the style of such a 1980s movie.
Looks retro ? Have you seen the Starlink satdish router ? Gorp , is that you ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks retro ? Have you seen the Starlink satdish router ? Gorp , is that you ?
For example:

Here's one with more triangles and stuff

That's a screenshot from here:

When I first saw Cybertruck, this kind of older video game with simple polygon shapes came to mind immediately... because that's what it looks like. And that's what makes it "retro." Because its design looks like something from a 40 year old video game!

·
Registered
199 Posts
LOL Elon is insane. They will never actually produce this truck for customers, because it would be such a nightmare to manufacture and the promised specs are impossible.

so yeah of course the "price" is cheap if you're silly enough to believe the car will ever be delivered. What you're actually doing is giving Tesla a tax-free loan when they ask for "reservation", because everyone will eventually cancel after 10 more years of Cybertruck production delays.
Then it is a shame a steel company is currently building a huge billion dollar plant just to supply steel for the truck.... I think it is already about 3/4 built and about 150 miles from giga factory Texas. The Texas gigafactory also has equipment being installed for it right now. I have no doubt it will be built eventually. Just look at how invested Tesla is with FSD. They are building their own super computer DOJO just to train the AI with their own designed D1 processors. You can disrespect Elon all you want but he already has changed the EV world along with space travel.

BTW, a disclaimer: I own stock in Tesla and after a 5:1 split and now breaking through $800 and I still think it is still going to quadruple by about 2025. I also I put a reservation in for a f150 and changed it to a CT after learning about all the advantages to the Tesla. Full self driving and autopilot sold me after watching the Mach-e with blue cruse not handle a freeway turn....

Reactions: redpoint5

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
The hammer ( by Musk) to the side window helped the looks
It wasn't Musk, but Franz, and it wasn't a hammer, but a steel ball.

Probably will sell a few more after that "failure" than if it had gone off flawlessly. It isn't newsworthy when things test out properly. Failure on stage is free publicity.

·
Premium Member
2020 Tesla 3P-, 2021 Bolt LT
26 Posts
It wasn't Musk, but Franz, and it wasn't a hammer, but a steel ball.

Probably will sell a few more after that "failure" than if it had gone off flawlessly. It isn't newsworthy when things test out properly. Failure on stage is free publicity.
Yep and yep.

The sledge hammer was to the door, and also wielded by Franz. Looked like a goodly swing yet no visible damage. This won't be your father's DeLorean. :)

Like most others I was incredulous upon first seeing the CT introduction. Then it started growing on me. That evening I put down my micro-deposit on a tri-motor version. It'll replace our F150 (R.I.P.), and with a hi-lo trailer also our guzzler motorhome that I can't drive anymore without feeling bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Status-seeking? The "look at me" effect (narcissism)? The "cool tech" effect?

Sounds ripe for American buyers.
What people don’t understand is EV’s don’t need a huge engine compartment. They should be designed for best aerodynamics to increase range. I believe the cybertruck was designed with this is mind. Could it be a little less futuristic? Yes! Though Tesla thinks outside the box. You’ll be able to charge the Cybertruck in under 20 minutes. The Ford Lightning looks like any other pickup and you’ll need to search for a working DC fast charger and still not charge anywhere near what Tesla can do.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,481 Posts
I've got one of these on order. A Cybertruck looks tame, by comparison. I had one of the originals on order too, before Aptera went belly up.

Vehicle Hood Toy Automotive design Aircraft

41 - 49 of 49 Posts