Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've filled in and submitted the form to get an HOV lane sticker for my Bolt. I don't drive in rush hour traffic so I don't really expect to need it much - perhaps on the odd occasion where there's some sort of accident that causes a traffic back-up. But I'm a little conflicted on whether I want to sully the looks of the Bolt with it. Is anyone else in BC using the sticker? Perhaps have a photo of it on the car?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm not in BC, but I have my HOV stickers and have not installed them for the same reason. Looks horrible! I used them in the back hatch glass one day by just taping them to the window. I didn't have a problem, but, I don't drive in an area with HOV lanes except for on occasions. I'll just keep em stashed for now!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received my HOV sticker today - exactly one week after I submitted my application via e-mail. The letter that came with it says that the sticker has to be mounted on the bumper or rear window. I'm thinking of mounting it on the lower-right corner of the rear window (as viewed from the rear) so that it doesn't detract from my nice Kinetic Blue paint. There appears to be plenty of room on the rather wide, non-transparent border of the window where it wouldn't impact visibility on those relatively few occasions where I use the optical rear view mirror.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a sticker for my 2017 Volt. I don't travel along the highway much, but occasionally I have go to the Richmond campus of the University where I work for meetings that take me into the afternoon. Since I live in Surrey, it's quickest for me to zip down Highway 99 in the HOV lane until the tunnel, and then zoom down 99 all the way to the King George overpass.

I've already applied for a sticker for my Bolt. On my Volt, I put it on the bumper to the right of the licence plate. I'm thinking that I'll put the sticker in the same place on the Bolt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Brief update ...

Talk about quick! I sent in my application via e-mail on Monday, Nov. 13, and I received it in the mail on Friday, Nov. 17!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
272 Posts
Heck yeah I'm using mine! It's a real treat being able to drive HWY 1 in the HOV lane by myself!

I didn't like the look of the sticker where most Bolt owners put them, to the right hand side of the hatch glass, so I put mine dead center on the bottom of the bumper (black part, no paint was harmed that day). Looks as good as I can ask for I think, not too awkward, almost like a center exit exhaust or backup light (ala mini) so it doesn't seem so out of place at casual glance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put mine dead center on the bottom of the bumper (black part, no paint was harmed that day).
I put mine to the left of the licence plate. I thought about putting it where you did, but I had the sticker on my Volt in the same place, so I figured ... why change things? :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think I'll just tape mine up inside the back window for those times needed.

Have to check that centre bumper area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts