Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the link to hybridcars.com to work! 10/11 Article: "2017 Chevy Bolt Pricing Info Released"

Further, some prospective Bolt customers have said their dealers told them this pricing info would be made available yesterday. Assuming so, it’s likely other dealers with access to the trim price details will begin posting as well.

Following are prices that until now have not been disclosed.

2017 Bolt EV LT

• Driver confidence package – $495
• Comfort and convenience package – $555
• Rear cargo storage shelf – $100

2017 Bolt EV Premier

• Driver confidence II – $495
• Infotainment package – $485

Common options

• Kinetic Blue, Cajun Red, Orange Burst paint colors – $395
Aluminum sill plates – $85
• DC charging – $750 (this was disclosed previously)
• Extra portable charge cord – $535

Limit promotional pricing
• Universal tablet holder (2) mounting behind front headrests for rear seat entertainment
– $115
• All-weather floor mats – $140
• All-weather cargo mat – $110

Stay tuned, as we’ll be on the lookout for when ordering opens up, along with projections on how soon the first deliveries will be made.

According to the general manager of a California dealer, however, his GM rep told him only Oregon and California are first wave states.

He also said he hoped to deliver first Bolts by the end of year, as Chevrolet has conservatively also said.

The Bolt is otherwise being readied for all 50 states, and Canada, with further timing specifics to be determined.

Hat tip to Jeff Nisewanger.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The packages are actually a lot more affordable than I expected, I'm used to seeing packages that cost upwards of $1000. A little sad that they're charging so much just for the unique paint colors. I can understand Orange Burst, but blue and red? Those are generally common paint options that other manufacturers offer for free.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
These prices really aren't bad at all. Considering incentives and what not, you'll have some extra change to throw at em' and get a really nice build going on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The packages are actually a lot more affordable than I expected, I'm used to seeing packages that cost upwards of $1000. A little sad that they're charging so much just for the unique paint colors. I can understand Orange Burst, but blue and red? Those are generally common paint options that other manufacturers offer for free.
It is not uncommon for there to be an additional charge for the metallic colors and other 'premium' colors like that as they usually have additional, more complex base coats and top coats to achieve the correct finish.

·
Registered
862 Posts
... A little sad that they're charging so much just for the unique paint colors. I can understand Orange Burst, but blue and red? Those are generally common paint options that other manufacturers offer for free.
It's not the color that is the up charge, it's the metallic paint.
Tesla is +$1,000 for anything other than solid black (except for +$1,500 for white or red - those are "multi coat")
Ford is +$395 on their premium paints, BMW is +$700, Fiat is +$500

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's not the color that is the up charge, it's the metallic paint.
Tesla is +$1,000 for anything other than solid black (except for +$1,500 for white or red - those are "multi coat")
Ford is +$395 on their premium paints, BMW is +$700, Fiat is +$500

Melallic paints have been out for a donkey's age..........I don't buy that, this is just another 'money grab' by the manufacturers and certainly benefits the dealers as well. I put that right up on the same shelf as Nascar (Daytona 500) charging a premium fee for printing your own tickets. Will not pay to print my own tickets and will not pay a premium fee for some special color. Just call me 'stuffy' but don't call me a fool!
:laugh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
BTW, further to my rant on paint color 'optional cost'; I had a visit to my Chevy dealer today and got all the details except specific costs on the new BOLT EV for Canada. To my disappointment, it appears that all exterior paint colors, except two, Summit White and Silver Ice Metallic are optional cost extras!

I said to the sales guy, maybe I could order 'paint color delete' and get a credit...........just give me primer coat and I will take er' to the custom paint shop down the road...........he laughed, but the answer was 'No'!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
At least the Bolt looks great in any color so Summit White will be fine. I may go for the extra portable charge cord. Does anyone know what kind of cord it is? The kind that plugs into a normal wall socket?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I may go for the extra portable charge cord. Does anyone know what kind of cord it is? The kind that plugs into a normal wall socket?
It will be an 120 V EVSE (L1) that indeed plugs into a "normal" socket, but $535 is too high.
You can get a TurboCord that will do both L1 and L2 (240 V) charging for only a little more money.
http://www.evsolutions.com/turbocord?gclid=CJWI84b2188CFYGUfgodOJQEKQ Or other options that are <$300 for L1 only.
Why do you want a spare L1 cord? Are you going to use it for daily charging at home and leave it there? You'll likely get about 3 miles/hr of L1 charging, so about 36 miles if plugged in for 12 hours.
If you will be charging from a household plug, you need a dedicated circuit, or at least one with nothing else plugged in as the EVSE will be pulling the entire load rating for a 15A circuit (typical). If you happen to have a dedicated 20A 120V circuit, you can get other units (16A) that will be a little faster.
Note that all EVSE's (both L1 and L2) are considered "continuous duty" and you must derate the circuit by 20%.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
L1 charging will add approximately 4 to 5 miles per hour on the Bolt, not 3. Still, L2 charging, whether it's using a portable 240V EVSE like the AV above, or a dedicated hard-wired 30A unit, will obviously be faster. The 16A portable unit will add about 13 miles per hour on 240V, and a dedicated 30A unit on 240V will do 25 miles per hour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts