Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen posts from folks that have connected to their home wifi.

For the life of me I cannot find that in the settings, either through the OnStar setup of the regular options.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lol. That's the funniest thread I ever saw. And yes, I needed this information too. And now I feel myself dumb AF. The strange thing is - my dad is an engineer, my grandpa was an engineer, my brother is about to become Cisco certified network engineer (he will pass New Cisco Certification soon), and me... well, I can't actually find a Wi-Fi menu. Lol. On the other hand, they can't write poems. And I can. Also, I write novels. But all this technical stuff... Well, it's not for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
On the bright side, cosidering we haven't been able to confirm that the Bolt ever actually uses the WiFi, by not having done this, you probably didn't miss anything. ;)

(and yes, people have checked using network sniffers to confirm that there's a whole lot of nothing coming over wifi)

·
Registered
230 Posts
On the bright side, cosidering we haven't been able to confirm that the Bolt ever actually uses the WiFi, by not having done this, you probably didn't miss anything. ;)

(and yes, people have checked using network sniffers to confirm that there's a whole lot of nothing coming over wifi)
Yup. It appears to only be used for OTA updates of the infotainment system.

So basically - never.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts