Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to today's newspaper the governor has signed into law a bill to phase out lower vehicle registration fees now paid by owners of alternate fuel vehicles. I was unable to find any details about the phase out schedule. :crying:

However I was just able to renew my 2019 Bolt (on line) for 5 years for a total cost of $124.38. As a comparison, my 2017 Chrysler Pacifica was over $500 for just one year. So if you are in Arizona I suggest you renew ASAP. :D

My first year registration fee was $28. So this renewal was a little cheaper. FYI, if you sell the car you can recover part of the fees for the unused portion.

·
Registered
735 Posts
According to today's newspaper the governor has signed into law a bill to phase out lower vehicle registration fees now paid by owners of alternate fuel vehicles.... I was just able to renew my 2019 Bolt (on line) for 5 years for a total cost of $124.38. As a comparison, my 2017 Chrysler Pacifica was over $500 for just one year. So if you are in Arizona I suggest you renew ASAP. My first year registration fee was $28. So this renewal was a little cheaper. FYI, if you sell the car you can recover part of the fees for the unused portion.
In Connecticut, I pay $38 for two years for an EV, while a regular ICE vehicle with personal polluter built in is $80. So, this is one case where CT beats out AZ on taxes! I doubt that will reverse the net migration out of Connecticut though! We still pay property taxes on our cars at high rates.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Connecticut, I pay $38 for two years for an EV, while a regular ICE vehicle with personal polluter built in is $80. So, this is one case where CT beats out AZ on taxes! I doubt that will reverse the net migration out of Connecticut though! We still pay property taxes on our cars at high rates.
Our registration fee includes "property taxes." So my cost, including property taxes, is $24.88 per year. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts