Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave early for work every day (at 5) so when I start my car I usually try to turn off radio or turn it down to avoid waking up the family.
And this morning I rapidly turned the knob a few times before the infotainment panel is fully functional. And when it was up, I cannot turn up the volume anymore. It stays at 3.

Any tricks to make it work again?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Resurrecting from the dead as this has just happened to me on my 2020. Was about to post this same topic and thought I would search first. OP, did that resolve your issue? I am going to try it the next time I am in the car. My volume knob stopped working but the audio control on the steering wheel works just fine.

·
Administrator
2,936 Posts
Resurrecting from the dead as this has just happened to me on my 2020. Was about to post this same topic and thought I would search first. OP, did that resolve your issue? I am going to try it the next time I am in the car. My volume knob stopped working but the audio control on the steering wheel works just fine.
OP hasn't logged on to the forum since 1/30/18 (hover over the username). Unlikely you will get a response!

Did you try the reboot (Home + FFWD)?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
254 Posts
Funny it took me a month to find the volume buttons on the steering wheel.

I was looking at the steering wheel after I bought it, thinking that is dumb they have a button for almost everything but no volume up/down. Then I read a thread on here talking about the steering wheel volume controls. went out to my car and there they were.

My 2014 Chevy Cruze had them on the front of the wheel so that is where I was looking for them

I have not had this problem with the volume control knob though, it would be good to have a solution incase in my un-caffeinated state in the morning I do something to cause it.

·
Administrator
2,936 Posts
I have not had this problem with the volume control knob though, it would be good to have a solution incase in my un-caffeinated state in the morning I do something to cause it.
I have only had infotainment issues once, I was in a rush and put it in gear with diagnostics still running (The DIC was still lit up like a Christmas tree), in the morning, before my caffein load. The reboot method cleared that up, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the sequence in my un-caffeinated state, so there I was, sitting in a parking lot next to the train tracks surfing the forum for the reboot procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts