Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought when I got my '17 that the ONLY Auto Braking it did was for Pedestrians ??

I was fiddling with the settings in the car to find something because I have not really touched that for about a year.
I see the Auto Braking and I THOUGHT it only had Alert/Brake Pedestrian and for Collision it was just ALERT crash. Or something like that.
But it has Both Alert AND Brake for both.

Did I completely miss something ??

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I thought when I got my '17 that the ONLY Auto Braking it did was for Pedestrians ??
If you are approaching a "thing" at some rate, it will brake, I suppose. When your car can distinguish whether that thing is a motorcycle, a fallen tree, a person, or a car, we are all dead meat.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
No, if you have the "Driver Confidence II" option (which includes "Front Pedestrian Braking") then you also have "Forward Automatic Braking", described on page 224 of the owner's manual.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my window sticker is just says Front auto braking, Low Speed.
But I thought we has a discussion about it really only being pedestrian.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
My Munroney sticker lists both pedestrian and "low speed" braking. The "low speed" braking on the sticker is rather misleading, the description of "Forward Automatic Braking" in the manual states that it works from 8 to 80 km/h.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is "low speed" automatic emergency braking because it is not rated for use to common highway speeds (60+mph or 100+km/h).

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
My Munroney sticker, under "Driver Confidence II Package", lists both "Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking" and "Front Pedestrian Braking". They are two different features contained in the same package of hardware and software. They're listed separately in the manual, too. And there are also two different lights on the dash (a "car" icon and a "pedestrian" icon).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts