Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoguide had a shot to drive the Volt at CES last week!!

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/chevrolet/2017-chevrolet-bolt-first-drive

The gear selector reminds me of a BMW’s. It’s a toggle that re-centers after your nudge it up (for Neutral) or down (for Drive.) There’s also a Park button on the stalk. Glance upwards toward the rear-view mirror and you’ll see not just a mirror, but a display. Indeed, this is a live display of the Bolt’s rear-view camera, and it’s on all the time. The technology, previously announced for the prestigious Cadillac CT6, has huge safety benefits, as it features an 80-degree range of vision, instead of the 22 degrees that a typical rear-view mirror provides.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So excited about the mirror! Couldn't tell that is was a display for the rear camera until I read that part. But will it work as a normal mirror if something happens to the rear camera?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, it also works as a regular mirror. Basically if you flip the mirror to the "night" position, it's a camera. Leave it in the day position and it's a mirror.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think that the screen rear view camera thing is really cool, but it makes me feel like there is more of a chance for it to break somehow. A mirror is a mirror.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will be interesting to see how fucntioinal/practical it is in adverse conditions, or after it gets slightly dirty. Similar pitfalls to the backup camera IMO...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts