Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Bolt as well as a 2017 Volt, both equipped with automatic headlights. On the Volt, when I enter a dimly lit tunnel, the headlights turn on within a few seconds. On my new Bolt, the automatic headlights are much slower to respond — it typically takes 20 seconds or more of driving in a dimly lit tunnel before they turn on, and then once I exit the tunnel, it takes another 20 seconds or so before the headlights turn off.

Is this consistent with what other folks are seeing on their Bolts? Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the headlights so they’ll be more responsive?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Is this consistent with what other folks are seeing on their Bolts? Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the headlights so they’ll be more responsive?
Yes, that's what I see with my Bolt. Don't know of any way to adjust. Guess there's always the manual switch.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, that is my experience also. When I pull into our dark garage during the day I am usually already parked and ready to shut down...just as the headlights finally come on.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
When I pull into our dark garage during the day I am usually already parked and ready to shut down...just as the headlights finally come on.
I try to shut down the car before the headlights switch on. Figure it's one less cycle of the HID lights. I'm just speculating that this is the reason for the long delay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2020 Bolt as well as a 2017 Volt, both equipped with automatic headlights. On the Volt, when I enter a dimly lit tunnel, the headlights turn on within a few seconds. On my new Bolt, the automatic headlights are much slower to respond — it typically takes 20 seconds or more of driving in a dimly lit tunnel before they turn on, and then once I exit the tunnel, it takes another 20 seconds or so before the headlights turn off.

I had the same issue. GM Brazil took the car in and tweaked an adjustment for the sensor. It works great now.

Best

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've also noticed that when I'm waiting at a light situated under a freeway overpass that most times (even when completely sunny out and the middle of the day) the headlights trigger after ~20 seconds of waiting if there are cars in front of and behind me. I have even tried to leave a bigger gap between me and the car in front but even with an entire 2 carlengths free the lights still trigger.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thavian - let us know what you find out. I'd love to have this adjusted just don't want them digging around trying to figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts