Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've seen some assembly pictures and I think even a video of the Chevy Bolt assembly, but how about the autonomous Bolt assembly video? Check this one out! Really can't see much detail at all but assembly videos are always cool and you may even find something that you didn't see prior.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If nothing else, the autonomous drive system mounting process onto the roof looks pretty simple. Always assumed they had to drill into the roof to accommodate the system. wonder what they put in the trunk.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If nothing else, the autonomous drive system mounting process onto the roof looks pretty simple. Always assumed they had to drill into the roof to accommodate the system. wonder what they put in the trunk.
Looks like a massive custom computer, I assume the brains to run it all. I mean the autonomous stuff certainly isn't running on the standard car computer.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I once visited aboard a USCG Buoy Tender with three GPS units: one in the bow, one at the base of the buoy boom, and one astern. It had a cross-bow tube propeller and two, 360 degree rotating, stern propellers. Software could control the 3 propulsion devices and keep the base of the buoy mast within a 6" circle on a fairly calm ocean. VERY precise (fractions of an inch) GPS location is currently capable. They just have to develop control systems and software to use camera, radar, and GPS cues to keep the EV within its safety envelope (while moving). I hope it happens in my lifetime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts